|"Fear and Loathing on the Planet of Kitson"|
|Writer(s):|| Brent Fletcher|
|Series:||Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.|
|Original airdate:||May 24, 2019|
|Previous Episode:||"Window of Opportunity"|
|Next Episode:||"Code Yellow"|
"Fear and Loathing on the Planet of Kitson" is the third episode of the sixth season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
It’s a wild night out on the planet of Kitson for the agents. While Leo and Enoch try their luck at the casino, nearby, Daisy and Simmons find themselves in a much... groovier situation.
- Clark Gregg as Sarge
- Ming-Na Wen as Melinda May
- Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson/Quake
- Iain De Caestecker as Leo Fitz
- Elizabeth Henstridge as Jemma Simmons
- Henry Simmons as Alphonso Mackenzie
- Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Yo-Yo Rodriguez
- Jeff Ward as Deke Shaw
- Joel Stoffer as Enoch
- Briana Venskus as Agent Piper
- Max Osinski as Agent Davis
- Clark Middleton as Pretorious Pryce
- Christopher James Baker as Malachi
- Scott Kruse as Boyle
- TJ Alvarado as Toad
- Louie Ski Carr as Montalban
- Douglas Bennett as Long-Haired Gambler
- Charlotta Mohlin as Greeter
- Bubba Ganter as Security Guard
- Galen Howard as Greaseball
- Winston James Francis as Jaco (uncredited)
Continuity and References to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Enoch appears.
- Viro is mentioned.
- Mister Kitson is mentioned.
- Cryo-Freeze Chamber is mentioned.
- Chronicom Vessel is mentioned.
- Daisy Johnson's Van is mentioned.
- Xandarian Snails is mentioned.
- Rescue of Sivian Engineers is mentioned.
- Attack on the Chronicom Vessel is mentioned.
- Destruction of Earth is mentioned.
- The title of the episode is the reference to the 1998 movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Additionally, when the hallucinating Daisy Johnson is meandering around the House of Games, she is narrating a surreal documentation to herself. This is also a direct reference to Fear and Loathing where the main character Raoul Duke, based on the original book's author Hunter S. Thompson, does just this throughout as he visits the numerous casinos while taking various psychotics.
- The planet Kitson is named after George Kitson, writer and story editor of several episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.