"Know Your Onions" is the second episode of the seventh season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
With the identity of the timeline-unraveling "thread" revealed, the team's mission to protect him at all costs leads each agent to question their own values. Is preserving the future of the world as they know it worth the destruction they could prevent?
- Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson LMD
- Ming-Na Wen as Melinda May
- Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson/Quake
- Iain De Caestecker as Leo Fitz
- Elizabeth Henstridge as Jemma Simmons
- Henry Simmons as Alphonso Mackenzie
- Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Elena "Yo-Yo" Rodriguez
- Jeff Ward as Deke Shaw
- Joel Stoffer as Enoch
- Tobias Jelinek as Luke
- Darren Barnet as Freddy Malick
- Nora Zehetner as Viola
- Patton Oswalt as Ernest Koenig
- Christopher Wallinger as Copper
- Eric Schloesser as The First
- Kevin Alexander Stea as The Second
- Gina Gonsalves as The Third
- Unknown Actor as Abel
Continuity and References to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Enoch appears.
- Luke appears.
- Freddy Malick appears.
- Ernest Koenig appears.
- Viola appears.
- Johann Schmidt/Red Skull is mentioned.
- Shrike is mentioned.
- Leo Fitz is mentioned.
- Izel is mentioned.
- Freddy Malick's Parents is mentioned.
- Abraham Erskine is mentioned.
- Sarge is mentioned.
- Phil Coulson is mentioned.
- Gideon Malick is mentioned.
- Eric, Billy, Sam Koenig, Thurston and LT Koenig are mentioned.
- Attack on Freddy Malick from "The New Deal" is mentioned.
- Izel's Campaign from season 6 is shown in flashback.
- The Battle at the Temple of the Forgotten from "New Life" is shown in flashback.
- The title is said twice within the episode, by Koenig when referring to Simmons' chemistry know-how, and by Enoch when referring to his knowledge in drink mixing.
- When Koenig hires Enoch, he says theirs is "the beginning of a marvelous friendship." This quote is a take on the last lines of the 1942 film Casablanca ("Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship"), with the substituted word acting as a reference to Marvel.
- The episode end with an in memoriam to former crew member Barbara Gutrman, who recently passed away.
- On October 29, 1929, the stock market crashed more than 75 points. The Great Depression initially started from August 1929 and went onto March 1933. The crash was followed by bank failures, agricultural over-production, and drought.