"Adapt or Die" is the sixth episode of the seventh season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
The stakes are higher than ever when, after blowing their cover and damaging the Zephyr in the process, the team must scramble to rescue Mack’s parents, save S.H.I.E.L.D. from a chronicom infestation, and fix the ship … all before the next time-jump. Meanwhile, Daisy and Sousa find themselves at a disadvantage against a power hungry Nathaniel Malick and his goons, and Coulson will have to do the thing he does best in order to save the future.
- Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson LMD
- Ming-Na Wen as Melinda May
- Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson/Quake
- Iain De Caestecker as Leo Fitz
- Elizabeth Henstridge as Jemma Simmons
- Henry Simmons as Alphonso Mackenzie
- Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Elena "Yo-Yo" Rodriguez
- Jeff Ward as Deke Shaw
- Joel Stoffer as Enoch
- Tobias Jelinek as Luke
- Tamara Taylor as Sibyl
- Thomas E. Sullivan as Nathaniel Malick
- Paulina Bugembe as Lilla Mackenzie
- Dawan Owens as Agent Ford
- Sedale Threatt Jr. as John Mackenzie
- Shakira Barrera as Agent King
- Patrick Warburton as General Rick Stoner
- Enver Gjokaj as Agent Daniel Sousa
- Nick Few as Ford Chronicom
- David Flynn as Stoner Chronicom
- Ryan Gray as Abel (uncredited)
Continuity and References to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Enoch appears.
- Luke appears.
- Sibyl appears.
- General Rick Stoner appears.
- Agent Daniel Sousa appears.
- Nathaniel Malick appears.
- Wilfred Malick is mentioned.
- Leo Fitz is mentioned.
- Lilla Mackenzie is mentioned.
- John Mackenzie is mentioned.
- Hive is mentioned.
- Daniel Whitehall is mentioned.
- Jiaying is mentioned.
- Mike Stevens is mentioned.
- Ruben Mackenzie is mentioned.
- Xandarian Snails is mentioned.
- Destruction of Project Insight, Assassination of Wilfred Malick and Escape from The Krazy Kanoe from A Trout in the Milk is mentioned.
- This is the first episode of the seventh season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to feature the actual logo as opposed to the variants from the previous episodes.
- The episode aired on Henry Simmons' 50th birthday.