What We're Fighting For" is the thirteenth episode of the seventh season and series finale of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
With their backs against the wall and Nathaniel and Sibyl edging ever closer to eliminating S.H.I.E.L.D. from the history books, the agents must rely on their strengths to outsmart and outlast the Chronicoms. This is their most important fight, and it will take the help of friends and teammates, past and present, to survive.
- Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson LMD
- Ming-Na Wen as Melinda May
- Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson/Quake
- Elizabeth Henstridge as Jemma Simmons
- Henry Simmons as Alphonso Mackenzie
- Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Elena "Yo-Yo" Rodriguez
- Jeff Ward as Deke Shaw
- Iain De Caestecker as Leo Fitz
- Joel Stoffer as Enoch
- Thomas E. Sullivan as Nathaniel Malick
- Dianne Doan as Kora
- Briana Venskus as Piper
- Stephen Bishop as Agent Brandon Gamble
- Maximilian Osinski as Davis LMD
- Coy Stewart as Flint
- Tamara Taylor as Sibyl
- Enver Gjokaj as Agent Daniel Sousa
- Harlow Happy Hexum as Alya Fitz
- Katy M. O'Brian as Kimball
- Joss Glennie-Smith as Malachi
- Rachele Schank as Agent Victoria Hand
- Jan Uddin as Enoch
Continuity and References to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Leo Fitz appears.
- Enoch appears.
- Nathaniel Malick
- Kora appears.
- Briana Venskus as Piper appears.
- Stephen Bishop as Agent Brandon Gamble appears.
- Kimball appears.
- Malachi appears.
- Victoria Hand appears.
- Flint appears.
- Sibyl appears.
- Daniel Sousa appears.
- Lola appears.
- Davis LMD is introduced.
- Alya Fitz is introduced.
- 0-8-4 is mentioned.
- Izel is mentioned.
- Jiaying is mentioned.
- Hub is mentioned.
- Framework is mentioned.
- Deke Squad is mentioned.
- United States Army] is mentioned.
- Shrike is mentioned.
- Ambush at the Lighthouse appears in a flashback.
- The returns to the moment during the Battle at the Temple of the Forgotten from "New Life" in concurrent event.
- One day after filming on this final installment began, the cast and crew took a few days off to attend San Diego Comic Con on 18 and 19 July 2019, where it was officially announced that season 7 would be Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s last. They held a special panel commemorating the previous seasons in the largest and most coveted hall, Hall H.
- It is confirmed that Leo Fitz and Jemma Simmons returned to 2019 from 2023.
- Alphonso Mackenzie gifts Phil Coulson a briefcase that is unlocked with the combination code “136”, a reference to the fact that this is the 136th and final episode of the series.
- Coulson flying off in Lola is a callback to the Pilot, where he drove off with Skye. This bookends the series as it started with Coulson.