|Appeared in|| Spider-Man|
- "If I may, Sir, I've seen things in this house I've never spoke of... The night your father died, I... I cleaned his wound... the blade that pierced his body came from HIS Glider. I... I know you're trying to defend your father's honor, but there is no question that he died by his own hand. I loved your father, as I've loved you, Harry... as your friends love you..."
- ―Bernard Houseman[src]
When Norman woke up after a night he doesn't remember, Bernard was present behind a lady that explained that Mendel Stromm has been murdered and the Goblin suit had been stolen. He apologized stating that he asked her to wait.
Bernard was Harry's butler following the death of Norman. He commented on Harry's obsession with Spider-Man (not knowing that it was because Harry thought that Spider-Man murdered Norman) by saying, "Your father only obsessed over his work". Angered by the comparison to Norman, Harry dismissed the remark.
Bernard helped Harry make his New Goblin suit.
When Harry lost his memory, Bernard didn't seem to notice how different he was acting compared to how he was when he was trying to kill Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Harry asked Bernard if he had any girlfriends and Bernard responded "Not that I know of".
Harry invited Mary Jane Watson over and Harry told Bernard that they're having a "guest" and he should bring some food. Bernard kept asking if Harry was talking about a "guest" guest. So Harry just asked him to bring some food.
Later, when Harry regained his memory and heard that his friend and past girlfriend, Mary Jane, was captured by Venom and Sandman, Peter went round and asked Harry for help so he could save her. Harry told Peter that he won't help him.
After Peter left, Bernard told Harry that when he cleaned Norman's wound he noticed the blade that pierced his skin was from his own glider. Harry left in order to save Mary Jane and Peter's lives. Harry sacrificed his life for Peter's.
When Harry died, Bernard was one of the many people present at the funeral.
- Norman Osborn/Green Goblin - Former employer; deceased.
- Harry Osborn/New Goblin - Former employer; deceased.
- Peter Parker - Guest.
- Raimi series (3 films)
- John Paxton had trouble saying a certain line in the film. He kept saying "gilder" instead of "glider". This was included in the DVD's bloopers.
- In the original script for Spider-Man 3, Bernard was actually a figment of Harry's imagination.