Read on only if you don't mind reading spoilers for the film.
|Black Panther: Wakanda Forever|
|Expected Release:||November 11, 2022|
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is an upcoming sequel to Black Panther and the thirtieth film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
To be added
- Lupita Nyong'o as Nakia
- Danai Gurira as Okoye
- Martin Freeman as Everett Ross
- Daniel Kaluuya as W'Kabi
- Letitia Wright as Shuri
- Winston Duke as M'Baku
- Angela Bassett as Ramonda
- Dominique Thorne as Riri Williams
- Tenoch Huerta as Namor McKenzie/Namor the Sub-Mariner
- Florence Kasumba as Ayo
- Isaach De Bankolé as River Tribe Elder
- Dorothy Steel as Merchant Tribe Elder
- Danny Sapani as M'Kathu
- Michaela Coel as Aneka
Continuity and References to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Nakia appears.
- Okoye appears.
- Everett Ross appears.
- W'Kabi appears.
- Shuri appears.
- M'Baku appears.
- Ramonda appears.
- Ayo appears.
- The River Tribe Elder appears.
- The Merchant Tribe Elder appears.
- M'Kathu appears.
- Riri Williams is introduced.
- Namor McKenzie/Namor the Sub-Mariner is introduced.
With the release of Black Panther, Kevin Feige said "there are many, many stories to tell" about the character, and that he wanted Ryan Coogler to return for any potential sequel. Feige later confirmed a sequel saying "Nothing specific to reveal, other than to say we absolutely will do that". and the said sequel will happen when Coogler is ready and wants it to happen. Coogler said that he wanted to see how T'Challa would grow as a king in future films, since his reign only began recently in the MCU, while in the comics, he has been king since childhood. In October 2018, Coogler closed a deal to write and direct a sequel to Black Panther.
- Winston Duke has campaigned for his character M'Baku to be the sequel's main villain.
- Marvel stated that due to Chadwick Boseman's untimely death on August 28, 2020, all plans for Black Panther II have been left in an uncertain state. For a time, Marvel was not sure whether they were going to recast another actor to portray Black Panther in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- After Chadwick Boseman's untimely death, some fans have advocated for the next Black Panther film to follow the comics and to have Shuri, T'Challa's sister, take on the role as the new Black Panther.
- Ryan Coogler has stated that making this film without Chadwick Boseman is the hardest thing he's ever done.
- The first MCU sequel not to have the same titular superhero character as its predecessor.
- It was announced that the role of T'Challa would not be digitally recreated and not recast out of respect for Chadwick Boseman's legacy.
- Tenoch Huerta learned a Mayan language for his role.
- ‘Black Panther’: Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige on Casting Chadwick Boseman and Sequel Talk
- Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige on the future of Black Panther, Captain Marvel, X-Men — and beyond
- Kevin Feige Says ‘Black Panther 2’ Will Happen When Ryan Coogler Wants It to Happen
- Coogler Interested in Seeing What Kind of King Black Panther Becomes in Sequels
- Ryan Coogler Signs on to Write and Direct 'Black Panther' Sequel (Exclusive)
- ‘Black Panther’ star Chadwick Boseman dies of cancer at 43