Trivia about Black Panther.
- Mark Bailey was hired to pen a script for the film
- Kevin Feige said that Black Panther is happening. He has cited the film as one of those he is asked the most about.
- On several occasions, Stan Lee has stated that a Black Panther film was on Marvel's radar and admitted that the film was in development.
- Boseman signed a 5-picture deal to portray Black Panther.
- Actor Wesley Snipes was once attached to play the lead in Black Panther during the 1990s when it was in development at Columbia Pictures.
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Anthony Mackie and Djimon Hounsou who voiced the character in the animated series Black Panther (2010) were considered for the role. Agbaje was cast as Algrim/Kurse in Thor: The Dark World, Mackie was cast as Sam Wilson in Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Hounsou was cast as Korath in Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Director John Singleton was at one point attached to direct a film version of the character, envisioning Chiwetel Ejiofor for the lead.
- British Actor John Boyega was considered for the role of Black Panther.
- Ava DuVernay was approached to direct and actually met with Marvel Studio's head Kevin Feige and star Chadwick Boseman, but their visions on the movie didn't come together.
- Ryan Coogler signed on direct Black Panther in early December 2015.
- This is the third collaboration between Ryan Coogler and Michael B. Jordan after Fruitvale Station and Creed.
- The fighting in this film will be based on the African-born martial art of capoeira.
- Raw Leiba was considering for the role of Erik Killmonger.
- Lupita Nyong'o confirmed at San Diego Comic-Con that the film will have two villains, involve the C.I.A., and Dora Milage.
- At one point, F. Gary Gray was in talks to direct.
- Lupita Nyong'o is the fifth cast member from the Star Wars franchise to join the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Andy Serkis portrays Ulysses Klaue, Benicio del Toro portrays Taneleer Tivan, Natalie Portman portrayed Jane Foster in Thor and Thor: The Dark World, and Samuel L. Jackson portrays Nick Fury.
- Danai Gurira is the third cast member from The Walking Dead television series to join the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Michael Rooker portrays Yondu Udonta, and Jon Bernthal portrays Frank Castle/The Punisher.
- The name "Wakanda" comes from the Wakamba tribe of Kenya (now renamed Kamba).
- Michael B. Jordan initially auditioned for the role of Sam Wilson/The Falcon back in 2013 before being cast in this film.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.