|Appeared in||Avengers: Infinity War|
Cull Obsidian and the Black Order helped Thanos find Loki Laufeyson and battle the Asgardians.
Cull and Ebony Maw traveled to New York to retrieve the Mind Stone where Cull battled Doctor Strange, Wong, Iron Man, and Spider-Man. He had his hand chopped off by a closing portal.
During the Battle of Wakanda, Cull Obsidian fought alongside Corvus Glaive to get the Mind Stone from Vision. With the Hulk refusing to come out, Bruce Banner fought Obsidian using the Hulkbuster 2.0 armor, but was outmatched. Finally, Bruce tricked Obsidian into stabbing his blade into the armor's severed gauntlet after which Bruce activated the gauntlet's thrusters. Obsidian and the gauntlet were blasted into the Wakandan shield where the gauntlet overheated and exploded, killing Cull Obsidian.
To be added
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: As a result of his great size, Cull Obsidian possessed an incredible level of superhuman strength and was seemingly able to match that of the Hulk, as indicated by Cull intending to fight the Hulk for his master Thanos when Hulk attacked the Mad Titan. Cull's strength indeed allowed him to fight on par with, and even overpower, the Hulkbuster, a weapon that was able to defeat the Hulk, though it should be noted that it had already taken damage from several Outriders. In fact, Cull was strong enough to easily rip the Hulkbuster's arm off.
- Superhuman Durability: Cull Obsidian possessed tremendous levels of superhuman durability, taking numerous blows from Iron Man's enhanced nanotech suit, the Hulkbuster armor, and even a full blast of Black Panther's kinetic energy projection, all with absolutely no sign of harm. However, Cull's durability appears to have a maximum limit, since he was destroyed when Bruce Banner's detached Hulkbuster arm lifted and dragged Cull into the intense energy of Wakanda's barrier.
- Combatant: Despite his ferociousness and recklessness, Cull Obsidian was a highly formidable and accomplished combatant, who used his massive size and strength to great effect. His skill allowed him to overpower Iron Man and fight off both him and Spider-Man, with only Wong's interference of opening a portal to send him to another place preventing him from killing Iron Man. During the Battle of Wakanda, Obsidian easily slew many Wakandan warriors and slowly overpowered Bruce Banner in the Hulkbuster when he severed the suit's left arm. Obsidian was eventually defeated when Banner outsmarted and trapped his arm in the detached gauntlet of the suit.
- Thanos - Adoptive father; deceased.
- Black Order
- Tony Stark/Iron Man - Enemy; deceased.
- Bruce Banner - Enemy and killer.
- Stephen Strange/Dr. Strange - Enemy.
- Wong - Enemy.
- Spider-Man - Enemy.
- Black Panther - Enemy.
- Cull Obsidian (2014 version) - Alternate 2014 counterpart.
Behind the scenes
To be added
- Cull Obsidian is based on Black Dwarf from the comics, but was renamed for the film.