Read on only if you don't mind reading spoilers for the film.
|Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness|
|Expected Release:||March 25, 2022|
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is an upcoming sequel to Doctor Strange, set after the Disney+ series WandaVision and the twenty-ninth in the Marvel Cinematic Universe finds Doctor Strange teaming with Wanda Maximoff.
To be added
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Stephen Strange/Dr. Strange
- Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch
- Benedict Wong as Wong
- Chiwetel Ejiofor as Karl Mordo
- Xochitl Gomez as a To-be-confirmed character
Continuity and References to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Stephen Strange/Dr. Strange appears.
- Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch appears.
- Wong appears.
- Karl Mordo appears
In April 2017, it was reported that Derrickson would return for a potential sequel, beginning work on it after fulfilling his commitments to the television series, Locke & Key.
- The film and its title was announced at the 2019 San Diego Comic Con and a day after Benedict Cumberbatch's birthday.
- The film's title is a play on the title of the John Carpenter film In the Mouth of Madness, which itself is the play on the title of H.P. Lovecraft's novella At the Mountains of Madness.
- The film will take place after WandaVision with Elizabeth Olsen.
- The film will be the first Marvel Cinematic Universe horror film.
- Director Scott Derrickson teased the appearance of Namor posting a picture of him on social media, deleting it quickly.
- Scott Derrickson will no longer be directing the film, due to him, and Marvel have gone in different directions. But he will remain as the film's executive producer instead.
- In February 2020, Sam Raimi was hired to replace Derrickson as director.
- Before leaving the director's chair, Scott Derrickson was in discussion with Natasha Lyonne in a role.
- Doctor Strange was mentioned in Spider-Man 2, directed by Sam Raim as the name for Doctor Octopus.
Promotion, Filming and Concept art