|Appeared in||The Amazing Spider-Man|
Before class started, Flash decided to pick on Peter by throwing a ball at him. Flash was picking on a student called Gordon when Peter Parker joined the crowd. Flash wanted Peter to take a photo but he refused and told Flash to stop, when Flash ignored him, Peter used his real name (Eugene) to try and get his attention. This just made Flash angry and he beat up Peter in front of the crowd until Gwen Stacy stopped him.
Once Peter got his "spider-like" abilities, he humiliates Flash during a basketball practice session as retribution.
Later, he starts acting nicer to Peter, starting by sympathizing with him due to the murder of his Uncle Ben, letting Peter take some of his anger out on him.
A lot later he attends Captain Stacy's funeral. Flash is more friendly with Peter (though he still calls him "Parker") and expresses admiration for his alter-ego "Spider-Man", as he is shown sporting a Spider-Man T-shirt.
Appearing only in a deleted scene, Flash is at the graduation, and appears to Gwen afterwards to thank her for her tutoring and to announce that he was heading to college in a different state. He proceeded to hug Peter in congratulations (to Peter's surprise), before leaving to learn how about cow tipping.
Flash is the most popular athlete in school and enjoys bullying nerds like Peter Parker. He's quite strong and enjoys fighting, but he's a coward too, vengeful and angry. However, upon hearing the death of Peter's uncle, he begins to show sympathy towards Parker. By the end of the film, there is some sign that he is beginning to become somewhat friendly with Parker while at the same time, he has become one of the many of Spider-Man's loyalists.
- Gwen Stacy - Classmate; deceased.
- Peter Parker - Bully victim and Classmate and high school target turned friend.
- Gordon - Bully victim.
- Missy Kallenback - Bully victim.
- Canon (1 film)
Behind the scenes
- Chris Zylka has expressed his interest in portraying Agent Venom in the Venom Spin-Off.
- In the comics, Flash Thompson becomes a soldier, but loses his legs during the war. Upon his return, he is recruited by the government to become the new host of the Venom symbiote and become a hero in his own right.
- In the comics, Flash and Peter have become friends.