Fury's Big Week is a four-part digital comic book prequel to The Avengers.
It starts off seeing The Destroyer after Thor. It is taken away by Phil Coulson and S.H.I.E.L.D., and a year later (around the time Steve Rogers is found), Coulson checks in with the research team to find that they can actually control the Destroyer. The level of control they have isnt specified, whether they can just turn it on or actually choose its targets. Coulson tells the scientist he wants them to "Dismantle the thing and make it about a hundred times smaller...And put a trigger on it!"
Samuel Sterns is also shown in the series. After we see him mutating on the floor in The Incredible Hulk, Natasha Romanoff shows up and organizes a team to seize all of the property. Sterns begins to give a speech about he will take over the world, at which point Romanoff shoots him in the leg. He is taken into custody by S.H.I.E.L.D.
Romanoff is sent to run interference by Nick Fury at Culver University but ultimately fails and Bruce Banner is taken in by General Ross. It is at this point we see Fury looks at Ross as more of an enemy and goes to speak to him about his actions.
- Nick Fury
- Phil Coulson
- Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow
- Tony Stark/Iron Man
- James Rhodes/War Machine
- Steve Rogers/Captain America
- World Security Council
- Bruce Banner/Hulk
- Thor Odinson
- Jasper Sitwell
- Senator Stern (mentioned)
- Clint Barton|Clint Barton/Hawkeye
- Hammer Drones
- Ivan Vanko/Whiplash
- Justin Hammer (mentioned)
- Loki Laufeyson
- Jane Foster
- Darcy Lewis
- Erik Selvig
- Thaddeus Ross
- Emil Blonsky/Abomination
- Samuel Sterns
- Betty Ross
Continuity and References to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S. is created.
- Agent Coulson picks up atmospheric disturbances above Mexico.
- Nick Fury’s team work on a lithium-based solution to Tony Stark’s palladium poisoning.
- Natasha Romanoff is engaged to follow both Tony Stark and Bruce Banner.
- Clint Barton and Phil Coulson retrieve The Destroyer and send it to Roswell where it is secured.
- Nick Fury meets with General Ross before the General catches Hulk, to dissuade him from continuing experiments with the Super-Soldier serum.
- Romanoff finds Samuel Sterns after his transformation into The Leader, shoots him in the knee then asks for S.H.I.E.L.D. to clean the scene.
- Phil Coulson asks S.H.I.E.L.D. scientists to dismantle the Destroyer and make it a human-size weapon.
- After Steve Rogers is found in Antarctica, Fury leads Barton to Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S. so he can keep an eye on Dr. Erik Selvig.