- "She is not my child, but I love her. You may not love her, but she is your child."
- ―Gabriela’s last words urging Logan to protect Laura.[src]
Gabriela was a nurse working for Alkali-Transigen's Mexico branch, supervising the cloned children under the intense supervision of Doctor Zander Rice and his hand-picked enforcer Donald Pierce of the the Reavers. She, along with her fellow nurses attempt to nurture the children and raise them properly, but are constantly shut down by Rice, who claims the children are not children, but items with copyrights, and are worth a fair sum of money.
When Rice deems the cloning project a failure, he orders the children to be put to sleep, and all files erased of the project itself. Unknown to Rice, Gabriela had recorded many events that transpired in the facility, and released at least twenty children, sending them to Eden, a safe haven for Mutants.
Gabriela takes it upon herself to get Laura to James Howlett, thinking the old hero would help her, as she'd heard he was working as a limo driver in El Paso. She attempted to contact the old mutant at a funeral, who told her to leave him alone. Later she called him to pick herself and Laura up at a motel, begging for his help, claiming her boyfriend was trying to kill them, and that Laura was her daughter. Logan accepts the job after being told he'd be paid a significant sum.
The following morning, Gabriela is killed, presumably by Donald Pierce while Laura escaped with Logan. Later, when viewing a recording, Gabriela revealed what happened in the Alkali facility, and claimed even though Logan may not love Laura, she is his daughter.
Gabriela was a compassionate and caring person doing her best to care for Laura despite the fact that she risked losing her life. She loved Laura like a daughter and with her last actions made sure to let Logan know that while she was not Laura mother she loved her as so and that while Logan may not have loved Laura she was his child and urged him to take care of her.
- Logan/Wolverine - Ally; deceased.
- Laura Kinney - Ally.
- Donald Pierce - Enemy; deceased.
- Zander Rice - Boss turned enemy; deceased.
- The Reavers - Enemies.
Behind the scenes
To be added
- Her role is similar to Sarah Kinney from the comics, as she's the one who gets Laura/X-23 out of the facility and towards Logan, and even dies before critical information is given to Logan. A key difference, however, is that Laura accidentally kills Sarah while it's the Reavers who kill Gabriela.