|Appeared in||Captain America: The Winter Soldier|
Georges Batroc is a top Algerian assassin. He is also a skilled military tactician, having formerly been in the French Foreign Legion.
Georges and his men hijack the Lemurian Star that contained S.H.I.E.L.D agent Jasper Sitwell and many others that were taken as hostages. He then demanded a ransom for them and the carrier that happened to contain S.H.I.E.L.D. information. A strike team is assembled by S.H.I.E.L.D. containing Captain America, Black Widow, Brock Rumlow, and several other agents. Eventually they free the hostages and after a fight with Steve they almost capture him but he escapes. However, he is later captured and it is revealed that Nick Fury hired him so that he could delay a project that would kill 20 million people in the process, including President Ellis, Bruce Banner, Tony Stark, and Stephen Strange. This however failed.
Georges is an experienced mercenary and thief, and can speak both French and English. Although as a mercenary, he does not hesitate to perform any number of criminal acts for his clients. He is an expert hand-to-hand combatant and specializes in savate (French-style kickboxing). Georges is also former French Foreign Legion and has Olympic athletic prowess.
- Steve Rogers - Enemy.
- Natasha Romanoff - Enemy; deceased.
- Brock Rumlow - Enemy; deceased.
- Jack Rollins - Enemy; deceased.
- Jasper Sitwell - Hostage; deceased.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (1 film)
Behind the scenes
- Georges St-Pierre shot his scenes in one week.
- Although playing a French/Algerian character, Georges St-Pierre speaks his lines in his native French-Canadian accent.
- In the comics, Batroc is known as Batroc the Leaper.