|Appeared in||Guardians of the Galaxy|
- "I am Groot!"
Groot was a humanoid plant (flora colossus) from Taluhnia. He was a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy who sacrificed himself to save his teammates from certain death. Rocket saved a twig from Groot and planted it in a pot which grew into Groot's offspring.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Character traits
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Relationships
- 6 Appearances/Actors
- 7 Behind the scenes
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Videos
Rocket Raccoon and Groot arrive at the Hub in search of work. There, they are hired by Stygian crimelord Zade Scraggot to hunt down the local Scalluscs.
A price for Rocket head was put by a bounty hunter who had enough of Rocket and Groot taking all the bounties, this caused Groot to turn against Rocket, betrayed Rocket tries to get away, when he meets face to face with the man who started the manhunt for Rocket, he reveals to Rocket why he did this, as Groot who heard this, burst into the room, angry at that bounty hunter. scaring him, he cancels the manhunt for Rocket.
Groot and his partner and friend, Rocket Raccoon, are a duo of bounty hunters who were searching for quarry on the planet Xandar, when they spot Peter Quill, who is attempting to retrieve a mysterious orb from Gamora.
Learning of the large bounty on Quill's head, the two joined the fight. Soon after, all four were caught by the Nova Corps and sent to a space prison called The Kyln. In the prison, Groot easily subdued a large alien prisoner who threatened Quill.
As Gamora had a plan to sell the Orb to someone else. Quill, Rocket and Groot agreed to help and split the reward. Rocket had a plan to escape the prison, which required a battery from a tall column in the prison. As he explained that it was very important to take the battery last, Groot stretched his body up to the panel and immediately grabbed the battery, setting off an alarm. Aiding in the escape, they headed to Knowhere, to meet with Gamora's buyer, The Collector.
The Dark Aster started falling to the ground and the Guardians were about to die, but Groot created a shield with his body around them. When asked by Rocket why he would do such a thing, which would lead to his death, Groot responded "We are Groot". When the ship crashed, sticks were spread all over the ground. The other four lay in pain.
After defeating Ronan, the four Guardians entered the Milano, Rocket was holding a pot with a stick popped out of it. Rocket looked down to discover Groot had begun regenerating, as the stick now had a face and arms.
Groot was a monosyllabic tree creature who was only capable of saying the words "I am Groot" until his final words which were "We are Groot".
Powers and Abilities
- Super Strength: Like all Flora Colossus' Groot had amazing strength. Able to grab a jail members nostrils with one hand and lift up multiple enemies and slamming them against the walls with no effort.
- Body Transformation: Like all Flora Colossus' he could transform his body to a larger height and mass, but decreasing his speed, and transform his limbs into anything like shields, vines and spikes.
- Chlorokinesis: Like all Flora Colossus' he could control plants. He once grow a daisy out of his hand.
- Growth Regeneration: Like all Flora Colossus' he could regenerate any damage he sustained. Even to the point that his offspring, a new Groot, was able to grow from a mere twig of the original.
- Light Generation: Groot was able to emit bioluminescent spores that provide light.
- Skilled Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Due to him relying on his brute strength alone; Groot was able to single-handedly destroy multiple turrets and fight dozens of Sakaarans at once, thrashing them around a hallway with ease.
To be added
- Star-Lord - Teammate and leader.
- Drax the Destroyer - Teammate.
- Rocket Raccoon - Friend and teammate.
- Gamora - Teammate; deceased.
- Ronan the Accuser - Enemy and killer; deceased.
- Nebula - Enemy.
- Korath the Pursuer - Enemy; deceased.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (1 film)
Behind the scenes
- Krystian Godlewski portrayed the character on set, though his acting was not used in the final character CGI.
- Vin Diesel recorded Groot's iconic line, "I am Groot," over 1,000 times and also recorded all of his lines in several different languages, including Russian, Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese, and French so that they could use his real voice in the film around the world.
- James Gunn did the dancing Baby Groot scene in the film.
- Groot is extremely intelligent, but can only say "I am Groot". The meaning depends on the variety of the tone that he uses.
- This incarnation of Groot appears in Ralph Breaks the Internet, with Vin Diesel reprising his role.