Hawkeye is a Disney+ series that is part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It follows Clint Barton after Avengers: Endgame and his young female successor. It was released on November 24, 2021 and directed by Rhys Thomas and Bert & Bertie.
Set in post-blip New York City, former Avenger Clint Barton has a seemingly simple mission: get back to his family for Christmas. Possible? Maybe with the help of Kate Bishop, a 22-year-old archer with dreams of becoming a superhero, the two are forced to work together when a presence from Barton's past threatens to derail far more than the festive spirit.
- Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton/Hawkeye
- Hailee Steinfeld as Kate Bishop
- Vera Farmiga as Eleanor Bishop
- Tony Dalton as Jack Duquesne
- Alaqua Cox as Maya Lopez/Echo
- Fra Fee as Kazimierz "Kazi" Kazimierczak
- Brian d'Arcy James as Derek Bishop
- Aleks Paunovic as Ivan Banionis
- Piotr Adamczyk as Tomas
- Simon Callow as Armand Duquesne III
- Zahn McClarnon as William Lopez
- Florence Pugh as Yelena Belova
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk/Kingpin
- Ava Russo as Lila Barton
- Ben Sakamoto as Cooper Barton
- Cade Woodward as Nathaniel Barton
- Carlos Navarro as Enrique
- Don Morgan as Dmitri
- "Never Meet Your Heroes"
- "Hide and Seek"
- "Partners, Am I Right?"
- "So This Is Christmas?"
To be added
- Marvel announced during their SDCC 2019 appearance that the Hawkeye series will arrive in Fall of 2021.
- The TV show was originally tentatively planned as a movie, which was even included in Jeremy Renner's contract. However, Kevin Feige felt that it would be a better fit as a Disney+ show, and Renner agreed to the change.
- Live action and MCU debut of young avenger Kate Bishop.
- Olivia Cooke and Taissa Farmiga, Vera's younger sister were in the running for Kate Bishop before Hailee Steinfeld was cast.
- According to The Hollywood Reporter, Disney+ chose Jonathan Igla as writer, executive producer, and de facto showrunner on Hawkeye. Igla previously served as a writer and story editor on Mad Men.
- Many fans are wondering if the series will be based on the acclaimed Hawkeye comic series by Matt Fraction, David Aja, and Javier Pulido. It primarily dealt with Clint Barton on his "off days" from the Avengers, and depicted him as a hard luck, constantly beaten up, half awake, often unlucky guy helping keep his neighborhood safe, getting swept into side missions, and getting made fun of by Kate Bishop.
- Alaqua Cox is Native American and deaf, just like her character Maya Lopez.
- Echo is the second deaf superhuman to appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The first is Makkari (Lauren Ridloff) in Eternals (2021). Both are played by real-life deaf actors.
- Mexican actor Tony Dalton plays the French superhero Jacques Duquesne/Swordsman.
- Hailee Steinfeld is the latest of actors/actresses who have appeared in both the Transformers live-action film franchise and the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Others are
- Rachael Taylor (Jessica Jones (2015) and The Defenders (2017))
- Laura Haddock (Captain America: The First Avenger (2011), Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017))
- Titus Welliver (Marvel One-Shot: Item 47 (2012)) and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2013))
- Stanley Tucci (Captain America: The First Avenger (2011))
- Anthony Hopkins (Thor, Thor: The Dark World (2013) and Thor: Ragnarok (2017))
- Hugo Weaving (Captain America: The First Avenger (2011))
- Jorge Lendeborg Jr. (Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)) and (Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019))
- Nicola Peltz (Inhumans (2017)).
- Gemma Chan (Captain Marvel (2019) and Eternals (2021)).
- Jeremy Renner and Hailee Steinfeld both learned American Sign Language to Welcome Alaqua Cox to the set.