|Appeared in||Captain America: The First Avenger|
- "The first of many, cut off one head, two more shall take its place. Hail Hydra!"
- ―Heinz Kruger [src]
After HYDRA found Dr. Erskine, the Red Skull sent his top assassin, Heinz Kruger, to destroy the Super-Soldier Serum and kill Abraham Erskine. After the test´s success, Kruger planted explosives at the viewing cabin and killed Erskine. He stole a tube of the Serum to give it to the Red Skull. He killed as many agents as he could and escaped on a taxi with another Nazi spy. After Peggy killed the taxi driver Kruger escaped in the taxi while pursued by Rogers. Then he took a child as a hostage and threw him into the water. Then he tried to escape in a HYDRA submarine but was stopped by the now super-powered Steve Rogers. When Rogers asked him who sent him, Kruger committed suicide via cyanide capsule.
Kruger was an extremely skilled secret agent, a natural born killer blindly loyal to HYDRA. He's skilled in both armed and unarmed combat, and shows highly trained physical attributes, almost succeeding in escaping from Steve Rogers after his transformation into a super soldier.
- Johann Schmidt - Commander.
- Steve Rogers - Enemy.
- Abraham Erskine - Target, enemy and victim; deceased.
- Peggy Carter - Enemy; deceased.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (1 film)
Behind the scenes
To be added
- In the comics, Kruger was a Gestapo officer and was killed when he stomped on high-voltage cables.
- Armitage and co-star Hugo Weaving, who portrayed the Red Skull, would later star together in the Hobbit Trilogy.