- Takeda Katsuyori in Sengoku jietai (1979)
- Jin-wu in Long zhi ren zhe (1982)
- Inue Shinbei Masashi in Satomi hakken-den (1983)
- Masahiro in New York Koi Monogatari (1988)
- Takao Hamura in Kôkô kyôshi (1993)
- Ryûji Takayama in Rasen (1998)
- Ryûji Takayama in Ringu (1998)
- Ryûji Takayama in Ringu 2 (1999)
- Seibei Iguchi in Tasogare Seibei (2002)
- Ujio in The Last Samurai (2003)
- Matsuda in The White Countess (2005)
- Kaneda in Sunshine (2007)
- Kenji in Rush Hour 3 (2007)
- Mr. Musha in Speed Racer (2008)
- Dogen in Lost (2010)
- Kuranosuke Ôishi in 47 Ronin (2013)
- "There's a big fight scene between them. It's the famous claws versus samurai swords."
- "As a Japanese born actor, I would like to say thank you to Jim, Hugh, the crew and cast because a lot of the movie is located in Japan. Sometimes [there are] a lot of misunderstandings of our culture, but they respected our culture and researched a lot. So when I saw the movie I was so happy because this movie had a great balance, a nice mixture of East and West, and tradition and modernism. I think Japanese audiences will be happy watching it. It has very, super modern Japan with nostalgia.. like a taste of old classic Japanese movies."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.