|Howard the Duck|
|Appeared in||Guardians of the Galaxy|
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- 1 Biography
- 2 Character traits
- 3 Relationships
- 4 Appearances/Actors
- 5 Behind the scenes
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 See Also
After the mishap on Knowhere regarding The Orb's power release brought upon by Carina, a battered, beaten-up Collector sits in his museum, drinking from a green cup. Seconds later, Cosmo approaches Taneleer and begins to lick his face. Howard, whom was undamaged in his containment cell, watches on, and remarks how "gross" the act was. Howard was also drinking out of a similar green cup.
To be added
- Taneleer Tivan - Former owner.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (3 films)
Behind the scenes
- Howard made his theatrical debut in the film Howard the Duck, which premiered in August 1, 1986, exactly 28 years before the North American premiere of Guardians of the Galaxy. The film was universally panned and is widely regarded as one of the worst films ever made. It was one of the first theatrical films based on a Marvel Comics character (after the loosely adapted 1940s Captain America serials, and Red Sonja).
- Seth Green was uncredited for his appearance in Guardians of the Galaxy.
- In 2013, Joss Whedon was asked what Marvel characters he wanted to adapt after finishing Avengers: Age of Ultron, to which he jokingly replied: “I think it's time for the Howard the Duck reboot that nobody expects.”
- In the comics, Howard was abducted from his home planet by the extra-dimensional overlord Thog and brought to Earth.