- Billy Elliot in Billy Elliot (2000)
- Pvt. Charlie Shakespeare in Deathwatch (2002)
- Smike in Nicholas Nickleby (2002)
- Chris Munn in Undertow (2004)
- Dick Dandelion in Dear Wendy (2005)
- Jimmy in King Kong (2005)
- Dean Stifle in The Chumscrubber (2005)
- Ralph "Iggy" Ignatowski in Flags of our Father (2006)
- Hallam Foe in Hallam Foe (2007)
- Griffin O'Conner in Jumper (2008)
- Asael Bielski in Defiance (2008
- Esca in The Eagle (2011)
- St. John Rivers in Jane Eyre (2011)
- Jack in Retreat (2011)
- Tintin in The Adventures of Tintin (2011)
- Joey Cassidy in Man on a Ledge (2012)
- Edgar in Snowpiercer (2013)
- Ray Lennox in Filth (2013)
- K in Nymphomaniac (2013)
- Abraham Woodhull in (2014-)
- "Obviously I'm not made of rocks and obviously I'm not 6 foot 8! It's about capturing the essence of a human being inside of that character when he is transformed and you do that through motion capture. It's a technique that my friend Andy Serkis has very much spearheaded -- he is the guru of performance capture. I've been lucky to work with him three or four times actually, so I very much consider him my mentor."
- "No we don't. There's no post-credit sequence. But it leaves the door wide open for a lot of different movies."
- "It's the origins of each character indiviually, how they get their powers, how they learn to deal with them."
Bell is married to his Fantastic Four co-star Kate Mara.