|Appeared in|| X-Men|
X2: X-Men United
X-Men: The Last Stand
X-Men: Days of Future Past
|Status|| Alive (Original Timeline)|
Alive (New Timeline)
|Actor|| Sumela Kay|
Katherine "Kitty" Pryde is a mutant who possesses the ability to "phase" through objects.
Original TimelineXavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. She is from Illinois.
Senator Kelly referenced as "the girl who can walk through walls" in Congress. She can briefly be seen in Xavier's class at the beginning of the film.
Kitty phases through walls and through people to escape William Stryker's military forces during their attack on the X-Mansion. Another scene shows her falling through her bed to avoid an assault. She shares a room with Siryn because her phasing ability gives her partial protection from Siryn's scream. When the President of the United States asks Professor Xavier how he got the files he gave him, Xavier replies that he knows a little girl that can walk through walls.
- "Who's hiding... dickhead?"
- ―Kitty to Juggernaut[src]
The next day on the mansion's front lawn, Ororo and Kitty stand in front of the two graves of Scott Summers and Jean Grey, lying next to Xavier's grave – three great losses that the X-Men are left to mourn.
- "Basically your body goes to sleep while your mind travels back in time. As long you back there, past and present will continue to co-exist."
- ―Kitty Pryde to Logan[src]
Kitty sent Wolverine back to 1973. During this, Logan met Stryker and in his anger, he stabbed Kitty before Magneto restrained him. Bobby tried to convince them to let her rest as she was losing a lot of blood but they tell him that they have to continue or else they might never escape. Meanwhile, the Sentinels attacked the X-Men and eventually broke through the vault that held them. They were about to execute the X-Men but Logan had been successful in changing the timeline.
Kitty and Colossus were teaching a class together at Xavier's school.
Powers and Abilities
- Intangibility: Kitty has the power to phase through solid objects, she is also able to rise and lower herself through solid objects as well.
- Chronokinesis: Kitty can also phase people's minds through time although if it's anything more than a month back then their minds may be destroyed.
- Bobby Drake/Iceman - Teammate and love interest.
- Jubilation Lee/Jubilee - Classmate and friend.
- Peter Rasputin/Colossus - Teammate.
- Marie D'Ancanto/Rogue - Teammate and love rival (one-sided on Rogue's side).
- Charles Xavier/Professor X - Mentor.
- Jean Grey/Phoenix - Mentor turned unwilling enemy.
- Scott Summers/Cyclops - Teacher.
- Ororo Munroe/Storm - Teacher and teammate.
- Logan/Wolverine - Teacher and teammate.
- Lucas Bishop/Bishop - Fellow survivor and teammate.
- James Proudstar/Warpath - Fellow survivor and teammate.
- Clarice Ferguson/Blink - Fellow survivor and teammate.
- Roberto DaCosta/Sunspot - Fellow survivor and teammate.
- Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto - Enemy turned teammate.
- Cain Marko/Juggernaut - Enemy.
- Brotherhood of Mutants - Enemies.
- Sentinels - Enemies.
- Earth-10005 (4 films)
Behind the scenes
- Before Ellen Page was cast in the third film, Summer Glau and Maggie Grace were considered for the part.
- Three different actresses play Kitty in the film series.
- Kitty's name was seen on a screen among a list of other mutants when Mystique hacks the system of William Stryker for information on different mutants.
- Senator Kelly referenced as "the girl who can walk through walls" in Congress.
- Her alias, Shadowcat, from the comics so far, has not yet been used in the film series.
- Her first appearance in the comics was during the Dark Phoenix saga, which ironically would be adapted for part of the plot of X-Men: The Last Stand.
- Kitty was portrayed by three different actresses in the trilogy, X-Men: Days of Future Past is the first time in which Kitty is portrayed by the same actress in two movies (Ellen Page).
- Kitty's abilities to send people minds back in time is very similar to Rina Patel (Timeslip).