|Appeared in||X-Men: The Last Stand|
Dr. Kavita Rao was a scientist of Worthington Labs.
Kavita Rao is a doctor who helps with the invention of the mutant cure, which she created with the DNA of Leech. She is present the meeting between Beast and Leech. During the cure exam of Warren Worthington III, She tells him that the transformation might be a little jory. He refuses and jumps out the window. During the battle at Alcatraz, the trio of Omegas corner her and Worthington. Worthington is dragged off. She tells them not to hurt him but Quill grabs her in a bear hug, saying everything will be all right and pierces her with his bodily spikes, killing her.
- Warren Worthington II - Boss.
- Jimmy/Leech - Patient.
- Warren Worthington III/Angel - Patient.
- Brotherhood of Mutants - Enemies.
- Quill - Enemy and killer.
- Hank McCoy/Beast - Patient.
Behind the scenes
- In an interview with Entertainment Week, Shohreh Aghdashloo declared she would have played Dr. Cecilia Reyes, another X-Men character, but producer Raph Winter confirmed just a little bit later that she would have been Dr. Rao instead.
- Kavita Rao first debuted in the Astonishing X-Men comics during the run of Joss Whedon, the creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel and director of The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron. Also the mutant cure topic which was part of the "Gifted" storyline in Issues 1-6 of that series was used as part of the plot for the movie with only the alien involvement references being omitted. Unlike the film, her comic book counterpart is still alive and working with a group of human scientists known as the "X-Club" which is affiliated with the X-Men.