|Alias(es)||Korath the Pursuer|
|Appeared in|| Guardians of the Galaxy|
- "How do you know about this?"
Korath the Pursuer was a Kree and a member of Starforce. At some point after Carol Danvers learnt the truth about the Skrulls, Korath left Starforce and got cybernetic enhancements, working solely for Ronan the Accuser.
Korath and his Starforce unit were called upon to complete a mission so boarded the Helion. Korath told his team how he had faced Skrulls before, specifically one that had disguised them self as Korath. Vers joked that it was so horrifying because he wasn't better looking. Bron-Char defended Korath, saying he was good looking. Yon-Rogg interrupted the banter and disclosed the mission: to respond to a distress signal from Kree scout Soh-Larr on the planet Torfa.
On Torfa, Korath, Yon-Rogg and Bron-Char approached the local inhabitants to try and find out what was going on but soon realised it was a Skrull ambush and had to fight back the hordes of Skrulls. Yon-Rogg told them to fall back to the Helion so they retreated but the Skrulls ambush was successful and they kidnapped Vers.
Korath piloted the Helion as they searched for Vers. When Ronan contacted them and blamed them for the failed mission, Korath almost revealed where they were headed but Yon-Rogg stopped him. Starforce finally reached planet C-53 and discovered Mar-Vell's Laboratory. They boarded the cruiser and took everyone on board prisoner. Carol broke free and fought the Kree, unleashing her full power. Although they put up a good fight, Starforce lost out to Carol and fled.
Korath used to train with Nebula and Gamora.
Korath was killed by Drax on the Dark Aster.
Korath, a powerful ally of the villainous Ronan, is a feared intergalactic hunter. Korath is a pursuer who is dedicated to the kill and focuses only on one thing - his target.
Powers and abilities
- Kree Physiology: Being a Kree, Korath possessed the same superhuman attributes that were common among his race.
- Super Strength: Korath was stronger than the average human. His hits could send fully grown humanoids several feet through the air.
- Invulnerability: Korath was more resistant to harm than the average human. He withstood several photon blasts from Carol Danvers and a direct blast from a quad-blaster without injury.
- Super Agility: Korath was more agile than the average human. He was able to spar with both Carol Danvers and Drax the Destroyer and land hits on both before being overpowered.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: If Korath did sustain an injury he recovered from it faster than a normal human would. However, he couldn't recover from all injuries such as when Drax ripped the cybernetic implant out of his head.
- Master Combatant: Korath trained throughout his life in hand-to-hand combat with the Starforce, although he often uses his natural powers to his advantage. When not using his strength and physical prowess in combat, he still had great skill in combat, being able to battle against Drax the Destroyer for a while before being killed.
- Expert Swordsman: Korath utilised two Kree Energy Swords when he was a part of Starforce and wielded them with great efficiency in battle.
- Expert Marksman: Korath used a Necroblaster in battle, being armed with it in an attempt to stop Star-Lord from escaping on Morag.
- Necroblaster: Korath used this during his fight with Star-Lord on Morag, when a attempting to bring him to Ronan the Accuser.
- Thanos - Ally.
- Ronan - Leader and ally; deceased.
- Nebula - Ally.
- Gamora - Ally turned enemy.
- Peter Quill/Star-Lord - Enemy.
- Drax - Enemy and killer.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2 films)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (1 comic)
Behind the scenes
To be added
- In the comics, Korath was a Kree cyber-geneticist, and the founder of a project to develop cybernetic warriors for the Kree militia.