Loki is a Disney+ series that is part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and follows the God of Mischief of the alternate timeline created after he escaped from S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers with the Tesseract in Avengers: Endgame. The first season serves as a tie-in to the upcoming Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
Picking up immediately after Loki steals the Tesseract (again) he finds himself called before the Time Variance Authority, a bureaucratic organization that exists outside of time and space, forced to answer for his crimes against the timeline and given a choice: face deletion from reality or assist in catching an even greater threat.
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki Laufeyson
- Sophia Di Martino as Sylvie/The Variant
- Owen Wilson as Mobius M. Mobius
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Ravonna Renslayer
- Wunmi Mosaku as Hunter B-15
- Eugene Cordero as Casey
- Tara Strong as the voice of Miss Minutes
- Sasha Lane as Hunter C-20
- Jack Veal as Kid Loki
- DeObia Oparei as Boastful Loki
- Richard E. Grant as Classic Loki
- Jonathan Majors as He Who Remains and the voices of the Time Keepers
- Jaimie Alexander as Lady Sif
- Cailey Fleming as Kid Sylvie
- Chris Hemsworth as Frog Thor
- Season 1
Season 2 was officially confirmed in the mid-credits scene of the season 1 finale.
- According to Tom Hiddleston and Kevin Feige, the series will follow the events after 2012 Loki's escape with the Tesseract during Avengers: Endgame.
- Series writer Michael Waldron also wrote the screenplay for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
- Unlike WandaVision and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier aired on Fridays, Disney+ aired the series on Wednesdays.
- Long before the show came to be, Kevin Feige had an idea for a Loki short film that would've had the God of Mischief partying at Studio 54 in The '70s, along with some concept art of him riding a horse. While this idea didn't go anywhere, the series would reveal that Loki did visit Earth in 1971 as D.B Cooper.
- In a post-series Twitter thread, writer Eric Martin revealed that they originally wanted to develop Ravonna Renslayer, and her relationship with Mobius M. Mobius further, but the COVID-19 hiatus forced them to change their plans. Martin also revealed that a few scrapped ideas for Loki and Sylvie's scene in the Citadel at the End of Time involve them fighting "a series of the greatest warriors across the timeline", and walking by a vast display room where huge amounts of time-displaced artifacts are kept.
- Concept art shows that Rocket Raccoon was planned to make a cameo appearance as a variant while Loki is being transferred through the TVA during the first episode.
- Concept art of Alligator Loki shows that his design was originally going to make it much more obvious that he was a Loki by having him wear a version of the green Asgardian leather outfit that L1130 wore at the beginning of the show.
- Loki's realization of how powerful the TVA is was originally going to take a lot longer to manifest. This would've come in the form of a long montage where Loki would've visited different time periods, had a lot of sex with men, women and aliens, collected all the Infinity Stones and stood and making it to the throne room of Asgard before realizing what he has isn't real, and returns to the TVA to talk to Mobius honestly.
- There were a few drafts of the script that showcased Mobius's past life before being recruited into the TVA, but it ended up not making the final cut due to everyone in the show deciding that they didn't really know what it was yet.
- "Journey Into Mystery" initially had all the Loki Variants coming to help enchant Alioth because they could not stand one of them being better at it than the others. However, co-executive producer Kevin Wright suggested that Loki and Sylvie find strength within each other to subdue the creature instead, with only Classic Loki joining the effort to stop Alioth in the form of a Heroic Sacrifice.
- Miss Minutes was originally conceived as having more of a Siri-like voice, before Kate Herron decided that her Southern Belle accent was more friendly and interesting.