|"Code of the Streets"|
|Writer(s):||Cheo Hodari Coker|
|Original airdate:||September 30, 2015|
|Previous Episode:||"Moment of Truth"|
|Next Episode:||"Who's Gonna Take the Weight?"|
"Code of the Streets" is the second episode of season one of Luke Cage.
Luke is pulled deeper into the fight for his neighborhood when, as a favor to an old friend, he tries to help a kid who's in trouble with Cottonmouth.
- Mike Colter as Luke Cage
- Mahershala Ali as Cornell Stokes/Cottonmouth
- Elijah Boothe as Teenage Cottonmouth
- Simone Missick as Misty Knight
- Theo Rossi as Hernan Alvarez/Shades
- Alfre Woodard as Mariah Dillard
- Rosario Dawson as Claire Temple
- Frank Whaley as Rafael Scarfe
- Frankie Faison as Henry "Pop" Hunter
- Edwin Freeman as Teenage Pop
- Rob Morgan as Turk Barrett
- Ron Cephas Jones as Bobby Fish
- Brian 'Sene' Marc as Wilfredo "Chico" Diaz Jr.
- Darius Kaleb as Lonnie Wilson
- Jermel Howard as Shameek Smith
- Warner Miller as Tone
- Hugues Fastin as Dante Chapman
- Steven Ted Beckler as Nate
- Cedric Benjamin as Jamel Shabazz
- Peyton Smith as Chauncey
- Camrus Johnson as Torre
- Alsharik Sejour as Mamba
- Anthony Aroya as Victor
- Unknown actor as Wilfredo "Fredo" Diaz Sr.
- Faith Evans as herself
- D-Note as himself
Continuity and References to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Turk Barrett appears.
- Zip is mentioned.
- Mama Mabel is mentioned.
- Shameek Smith is mentioned.
- Reva Connors is mentioned.
- Domingo Colon is mentioned.
- Bert Hunter is mentioned.
- Candace Miller is mentioned.
- Kelly Knight is mentioned.
- Seagate Prison is mentioned.
- Code of the Street is the name of a song included in the album called Hard to Earn of the hip-pop duo Gang Starr.
- Tone compares his shooting up of Pop's Barber Shop to the Candyland Massacre from Django Unchained.
- The performer in Cottonmouth's club near the end of the episode is Faith Evans, who is the widow of Christopher Wallace aka the Notorious B.I.G. There is a portrait of the Notorious B.I.G. hanging in Cottonmouth's office which is directly referenced in the first episode.
- Rob Morgan stars as Turk in this episode, who is the man seen playing chess with Bobby Fish in Pop's. Morgan plays the same character in seasons 1 & 2 of Daredevil.
- Faith Evans, the singer at the club, was the wife of Notorious B.I.G. (who died in 1997) and who is featured in the portrait on Cottonmouth's wall - wearing the crown.
- Luke Cage is outside the building he remarked being named after a hero, Crispus Attucks. Crispus Attucks, who was one of the victims slain in the Boston Massacre, was of African descent and widely considered the first American casualty of the American Revolutionary War.
To be added
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.