|Running Time:||97 min|
Man-Thing is a made for TV movie released in 2005.
The movie changed much of the source material. Among these are moving the setting from the Florida Everglades to Louisiana (though the film was actually made in Australia), and changing the creature's powers from burning those who "know fear" to being able to manipulate the swamp's vegetation. The movie character is also represented in a significantly more antagonistic light than the comic-book version. Man-Thing's former identity remained Ted Sallis, though in the film he is portrayed as a Native American shaman instead of a scientist. Consequently, the Man-Thing's origin is somewhat different, though the Nexus of All Realities is still involved. Additionally, in a tip-of-the-hat to the original comics series, major characters are named after Man-Thing authors Mike Ploog, Steve Gerber and Val Mayerik.
- Matthew Le Nevez as Sheriff Kyle Williams
- Rachael Taylor as Teri Elizabeth Richards
- Jack Thompson as Frederick Schist
- Rawiri Paratene as Pete Horn
- Alex O'Loughlin as Deputy Eric Fraser
- Steve Bastoni as Rene LaRoque
- Robert Mammone as Mike Ploog
- Pat Thompson as Jake Schist
- William Zappa as Steve Gerber
- John Batchelor as Wayne Thibadeaux
- Ian Bliss as Rodney Thibadeaux
- Brett Leonard as Val Mayerick
- Imogen Bailey as Sarah
- James Coyne as Billy James
- Cheryl Craig as Michele
- Gary Waddell as Cajun Pilot
- Xoqui Pesce as Nurse
- Conan Stevens as Man-Thing
- Shannon Leonard as School boy
- The film was originally intended for a 2004 video release, then upgraded to a theatrical release for Halloween to capitalize on the rising popularity of superhero-based films.
- Marvel did not think the film would be bankable in a domestic release, and put it back to video in the U.S., but did release it internationally.
- The movie was later released as a "Sci-Fi Original" on the Sci Fi Channel in 2005.