- Tim Canterbury in The Office (2001-2003)
- Ricky C in Ali G Indahouse (2002)
- John in Love ACtually (2003)
- Declan in Shaun of the Dead (2004)
- Arthur Denyt in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005)
- Met. Sergeant in Hot Fuzz (2007)
- Paul Maddens in Nativity! (2009)
- Dixon in Wild Target (2010)
- Dr. John Watson in Sherlock (2010-present)
- Simon in What's Your Number? (2011)
- Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)
- Oliver Chamberlain in The World's End (2013)
- Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013)
- Lester Nygaard in Fargo (2014)
- Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (2014)
- "I've done a few days shooting on the Civil War film, I have 2 more days to go, so it's a relatively small part. Within the framework of the film, he is ambiguous. I like that you can't tell if he is a goodie or a baddie. But he works for the government and a part of his job, is to keep the superheroes and powers in check. Unless they fire me, it's a role that will carry on."
- “He works for the American government, he works in conjunction with the superheroes, and certain agencies that help to tame the superheroes power I suppose. So you’re not quite sure which side he’s on. It looks a little bit like he’s playing one game when actually he’s playing another. It’s the kind of character I like because it’s ambiguous and because you don’t know whether he’s good or bad. I like that area that isn’t black or white, I like the grays, because I think there’s just more fun to be had in not playing one obvious line.”
- "I think my character will develop a bit more as I enter the Marvel world a bit more which seems to be happening."
- "Apparently Paul and I are in the same film but our paths didn’t cross, in fact my path didn’t cross with an awful lot of people in that film. I watched it for the first time today and I didn’t know anyone in it!"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.