|Marvel One-Shot: Item 47|
|Release Date:||September 25, 2012|
|Running Time:||12 mins|
Item 47 is a short film featuring Agent Jasper Sitwell. It is featured on The Avengers Blu-ray.
Benny and Claire, a down-on-their-luck couple find a discarded Chitauri gun referred to as 'Item 47' and decide to rob a few banks. S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, Sitwell is assigned by another agent, Blake to retrieve the weapon and "neutralize" (kill) the couple; during the briefing, the two reminisce about the recently deceased Agent Coulson. Sitwell tracks the couple down and the resulting confrontation results in the motel room where the couple are staying being wrecked, and all the stolen money blown to pieces. Instead of killing the couple, due to how Benny modded the 'dead' Chitauri gun to work, Sitwell invite the couple to join S.H.I.E.L.D.; with Benny assigned to the R&D 'think-tank' to reverse engineer the Chitauri tech, and Claire becoming Blake's assistant (Blake not being too keen on the idea).
The first part of the credits sequence hints at Benny's work at S.H.I.E.L.D., refining the Chitauri technology first into a more human-friendly design, then into heavier vehicle-mounted weapons, and finally into an artillery piece.
- Lizzy Caplan as Claire Wise
- Jesse Bradford as Benjamin 'Benny' Pollack
- Maximiliano Hernández as Jasper Sitwell
- Titus Welliver as Felix Blake
Continuity and References to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Jasper Sitwell of S.H.I.E.L.D. appears.
- A weapon left by the Chitauri from The Avengers is the titular Item 47.
- A new S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent is introduced Agent Blake. Benny and Claire are also recruited into S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Sitwell recruits Pollack due to his ability to reverse engineer Chitauri weaponry. In Captain America: The Winter Soldier it is revealed that Sitwell is a HYDRA mole within S.H.I.E.L.D. and that HYDRA has been doing research on Chitauri weaponry, namely the Chitauri Scepter. Whether or not that played into Sitwell's motivations is unconfirmed.