The Consultant is a short featuring Agent Phil Coulson after the events of Thor. It is featured on the Thor Blu-ray.
Agent Coulson walks into a restaurant where Agent Sitwell is eating breakfast, and informs him that the World Security Council wishes Emil Blonsky released from prison to join the Avengers Initiative. As they see him as a "war hero", and blame his fight in New York City with Bruce Banner on Banner himself. They order S.H.I.E.L.D. to send an agent to ask General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross to release Blonsky into their custody. The two agents decide to send a patsy to sabotage the meeting, so Ross will refuse to release Blonsky. At Sitwell's urging, Coulson reluctantly sends the consultant; Tony Stark. As partially depicted in the post-credits scene of The Incredible Hulk, a disgraced Ross sits drinking in a bar, when he is approached by Stark, who ends up annoying Ross so much that Ross tries to have him removed from the bar. In reply, Stark buys the bar, and schedules it for demolition. The next day at the restaurant, Sitwell arrives to Coulson eating breakfast. Coulson informs him that their plan worked, and that Blonsky will remain in prison.
- Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson
- Maximiliano Hernández as Jasper Sitwell
- Deborah Knox as the Night Waitress
- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark (Recycled Footage)
- William Hurt as Thaddeus Ross (Recycled Footage)
- Tim Roth as Abomination (Recycled Footage/Flashback)
Continuity and References to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Phil Coulson appears.
- Jasper Sitwell appears.
- Abomination appears.
- Tony Stark appears.
- Thaddeus Ross appears.
- Nick Fury is mentioned.
- The World Security Council is mentioned.
- The Avengers Initiative is mentioned.
- The short uses scenes directly from The Incredible Hulk.