|Expected Release:||October 8, 2021|
Morbius is an upcoming film based on the Marvel Comics character, Michael Morbius. It is currently in post-production and will star Jared Leto in the lead role who's ill and cures himself into a vampire. It is the second installment in Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters after Venom, scheduled for a 2021 release.
Dangerously ill with a rare blood disorder, and determined to save others suffering his same fate, Dr. Morbius attempts a desperate gamble. What at first appears to be a radical success soon reveals itself to be a remedy potentially worse than the disease.
- Jared Leto as Michael Morbius
- Charlie Shotwell as Young Michael Morbius
- Matt Smith as Loxias Crown
- Adria Arjona as Martine Bancroft
- Tyrese Gibson as Simon Stroud
- Jared Harris as a To-be-confirmed character
- Al Madrigal as Alberto Rodriguez
- Michael Keaton as a to-be-confirmed character
Continuity and References to the Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters
- Michael Morbius is introduced.
- Loxias Crown is introduced.
- Martine Bancroft is introduced.
- Alberto Rodriguez is introduced.
- Simon Stroud is introduced.
- Spider-Man is referenced.
- The character of Morbius can also be glimpsed in the bonus features of the Blade (1998) DVD, in a deleted ending.
- F. Gary Gray turned down directing the movie.
- The film's director Daniel Espinosa directed the Sci Fi/Horror movie "Life" which was rumoured to be a prequel to Venom.
- The second film in the Sony's Marvel Universe.
- Morbius will be the second comic book portrayal for Jared Leto. The first one was the Joker in the DC Extended Universe.
- Jared Leto was rumored for another vampire role, Lestat in Josh Boone's failed Vampire Chronicles reboot.
- Matt Smith joined the film, after previously turning down other superhero film roles, due to director Daniel Espinosa's involvement and encouragement from his former Doctor Who co-star Karen Gillan, who portrays Nebula in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Matt Smith is the third actor who played an incarnation of Doctor Who (Smith was the Eleventh Doctor) to appear in a Marvel Comics film, after Christopher Eccleston (the Ninth Doctor, Malekith in Thor: The Dark World) and David Tennant (the Tenth Doctor, Kilgrave in Jessica Jones). All three have taken on villainous comic-book roles.
- The New York scenes were actually filmed in Manchesters Northern Quater, UK. All city lights, signs and license plates etc were changed to match those you'd find in New York.
Promotion, Filming, and Concept art
|Earth-96283||Released||Spider-Man | Spider-Man 2 | Spider-Man 3|
|Earth-120703||Released||The Amazing Spider-Man | The Amazing Spider-Man 2|
|Cancelled||The Sinister Six | The Amazing Spider-Man 3|
|Earth-199999||Released||Spider-Man: Homecoming | Spider-Man: Far From Home|
|Upcoming||Spider-Man: Homecoming 3|
|Animated||Released||Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse|