Ms. Marvel is an upcoming Disney+ series that is part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe following Kamala Khan who gained superpowers. The series will set up the upcoming movie The Marvels. It will be released in 2022.
To be added
- Iman Vellani as Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel
- Saagar Shaikh as Amir Khan
- Zenobia Shroff as Muneeba Khan
- Mohan Kapoor as Yusuf Khan
- Aramis Knight as Kareem/Red Dagger
- Rish Shah as Kamran
- Matt Lintz as Bruno Carrelli
- Yasmeen Fletcher as Nakia Bahadir
- Laith Nakli as Sheikh Abdullah
- Travina Springer as Tyesha Hillman
- Azhar Usman as a to-be-confirmed character
- Nimra Bucha as a to-be-confirmed character
- Laurel Marsden as Zoe Zimmer
- Randy Havens as a to-be-confirmed character
- Farhan Akhtar as a to-be-confirmed character
- Alysia Reiner as a to-be-confirmed character
- Alyy Khan as a to-be-confirmed character
- Samina Ahmad as a to-be-confirmed character
To be added
To be added
- In August 2019, website TheWrap.com reported that G. Willow Wilson, the co-creator of the Kamala Khan version of Ms. Marvel, told Polygon she is worried that the upcoming live-action "Ms. Marvel" series on Disney+ is going to have a hard time depicting her super-powered abilities. She said: "I think there're some characters who are very much set up for the big screen; they're very naturally sort of cinematic. But with Ms. Marvel, we really weren't interested in creating something that had very obvious film potential. She's got very comic booky powers." Ms. Marvel's superpower is the ability to make any part of her body grow much bigger. "God bless them trying to bring that to live-action. I don't know how that's going to work out in a way that doesn't look really creepy."
- Marvel Studios has not stated a release window for the Ms. Marvel show, but has confirmed it will premiere no earlier than late 2021 or early 2022.
- Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) will be Marvel's first live-action Muslim hero.
- Maitreyi Ramakrishnan was a fan favorite choice for the role of Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel but stated that she doesn't want to play the character because that Khan is Pakistani and she's Tamil.
- Geraldine Viswanathan and Arisha Razi were both rumored for Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel.
- One of MCU's first superhero origin story not to be released as a film, aside She-Hulk (2022-).
- One of the first MCU projects to feature a Canadian actor as the protagonist (Iman Vellani), aside from Tatiana Maslany in She-Hulk (2022-), Simu Liu in Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021) and Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool 3.
- In May 2012, there were conflicting reports about a Ms. Marvel script in development at Marvel Studios. In March 2014, Kevin Feige confirmed "we've talked a lot" about the character headlining their first film with a female protagonist, while acknowledging she had taken on the mantle of Captain Marvel in the comics.
- Kamala Khan debuted in the Marvel Comics in 2013 as Ms. Marvel. Before her, this mantle was inherited by Carol Danvers, who is now the present Captain Marvel.
- Even though Iman Vellani is the lead actress, she isn't the first in top-billing.
- Casting for Ms. Marvel / Kamala Khan has yet to be announced, but website The Verge reported in August 2019 that comedian and Four Weddings and a Funeral staff writer Bisha K. Ali will reportedly be the series' showrunner and will be scripting episodes.
- First MCU project to cast an actor as the titular character who does not have any prior acting experience.
Promotion, Filming and Concept art
To be added