|Appeared in|| Iron Man 2|
Captain America: Civil War
Avengers: Infinity War
Peter's To-Do List
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Spider-Man: Homecoming 3
|Actor|| Tom Holland|
Peter Benjamin Parker is a resident of New York City, the nephew of Ben and May Parker and a student of Midtown School of Science and Technology. He was bitten by a genetically altered spider and developed superhuman abilities similar to that of a spider. Known as Spider-Man, he became an amateur superhero and internet sensation until Tony Stark, his idol, recruited him after the Sokovia Accords were passed.
Following the Avengers' fight in Germany, Tony allowed Peter to keep the suit for his time as Spider-Man, Peter forged a reputation for himself in New York and became a well-known local hero. He stumbled into a group of criminals led by Adrian Toomes, who were creating advanced weapons from salvaged technology left over from the Avengers' battles, and went on a quest to defeat their leader in order to prove to Tony that he was worthy of being an Avenger. Only after defeating Toomes did Peter discover the true responsibilities of a hero, so he decided to decline Tony's offer of membership in the Avengers in order to continue helping the little guy however he could.
When Thanos and the Black Order attacked New York in search of the Time Stone, Parker helped Tony, Stephen Strange and Wong fend off the invaders. He and Tony stowed away aboard the Q-ship to rescue Strange from Ebony Maw and crashed the ship into the planet Titan. There, Parker and his allies joined forces with the Guardians of the Galaxy and battled Thanos only for the gargantuan despot to beat him and his allies into submission. Peter was one of the casualties of the Decimation.
Five years later, Peter was resurrected by Bruce Banner via the Infinity Stones and joined the Battle of Earth, helping to defeat 2014 Thanos once and for all at the cost of his mentor Tony's life. As he tried to work out his place in the world as a hero and the pressures of following in Iron Man's footsteps, a new hero emerged to fight otherworldly threats, the Elementals, called Mysterio. Willing to let Mysterio take his place as Iron Man's successor, Peter was ready to pass the baton until he realized he had been tricked. He stopped Mysterio's grand scheme but at a price. Mysterio, despite being killed by one of his own drones, leaked footage to the world outing Peter as Spider-Man.
Peter was at the Stark Expo when the Hammer Drones attacked it. He stood up to a Hammer Drone when it recognized his toy Iron Man mask and began to target him. Iron Man flew by and destroyed the drone before he could hurt Peter and then told him he was doing a good job.
In the streets of New York City, Peter, dressed as Spider-Man, passed by an out-of-control van that was about to hit a public bus. Spider-Man swung past the out-of-control van and put himself between the van and the public bus. When the van was in reach, he caught it and lifted it up, stopping the collision. After checking if everybody in the van was alright, he used his Web-Shooters to leave the scene. While swinging away, content from his successful rescue he reminded himself that he had missed his bus.
A month later, Peter was packing up his suit into a backpack. About to leave, he found his aunt May sitting in front of the television looking deeply worried. The news anchor reported of a U.N. building in Vienna, that got bombed during the summit of the Sokovia Accords. With at least twelve dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka, officials released a video of a suspect of whom they identified as the Winter Soldier. Parker joined his aunt on the couch and told her not to worry.
- "When you can do the things that I can, but you don't, and then the bad things happen, they happen because of you."
- ―Peter Parker[src]
Tony had a word with Peter and used F.R.I.D.A.Y. to show footage of Spider-Man from YouTube. Peter tried to tell him that it was fake and denied being Spider-Man, but Tony found his Spider-Man suit, he began making fun of the suit. After hearing about why Peter became Spider-Man and the life he lives, Tony offered for Peter to go to Germany with him, but he said he couldn't due to his homework. It was only when Tony jokingly threatened to tell Aunt May that Peter got worried and gave in, but used his Web Shooters to web Tony's hand to the door. He told him not to tell Aunt May that he was Spider-Man, to which Tony replied "alright Spider-Man" before asking him to help remove the webbing.
At an airport in Leipzig, Germany, Tony as Iron Man and James Rhodes as War Machine, intercepted Captain America's team; Ant-Man, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Winter Soldier, and Falcon. Peter wore an upgraded suit designed by Stark as Spider-Man, joined Vision, Black Widow, and Black Panther to try and stop Cap. Spider-Man leapt into action on Iron Man's command and stole Cap's shield.
Spider-Man then went after Falcon and Bucky, and managed to web the both of them up, until Falcon piloted his drone Redwing to throw Peter out of the window.
Ant-Man became Giant-Man, which surprised Spider-Man, he later remembered the movie "Empire Strikes Back" and helped defeat him by webbing up his legs. Iron-Man and War Machine took down Giant-Man by punching him in the face, but Spider-Man was hit by Giant-Man and sent into some crates.
Tony, grateful for Peter's help recommended that Peter go back home to Queens, threatening to call Aunt May if he didn't, Peter tried to convince Tony that he could keep fighting, thinking he disappointed him, but he eventually gave in.
Later, Peter nursed a black eye. Aunt May asked him who hurt him, and he said it was a guy named Steve, who was from Brooklyn and his "big friend". When she left his room, he tested his new Web-Shooters which then reflected a Spider-Signal onto his ceiling.
- "Aunt May cannot know. I mean, she's been through enough, and if she knew that this is what I do, who I really am, it'd kill her. I can't do that to her."
- ―Peter Parker[src]
A few months later, Peter was still waiting to hear back from Happy over any new missions. He went back to being a normal student at Midtown High School. Peter made plans with his best friend Ned to build a Lego Death Star. When not at school, Peter continued going around the neighborhood as Spider-Man to help people as well as fight crime. Peter referred to his Spider-Man work as the Stark internship, and as a result, he quit his school decathlon team. While at school, Peter secretly created new Web Fluid for his Web-Shooters.
One night, Spider-Man caught four crooks with Avengers masks trying to rob a bank using high-tech equipment. Spider-Man intervened and fought the criminals, until one of them used a device that emitted a powerful blast, blowing up not only the bank, but also Delmar's Deli-Grocery across the street. He rushed over to save Delmar and his cat. After, Peter quietly returned to his room through his window while trying to not let Aunt May know that he was out. He crawled across the ceiling and came down to find Ned Leeds sitting on his bed, holding the completed Lego Death Star. Ned dropped it to the floor and it smashed as Ned realises his best friend was Spider-Man. Ned was shocked but also thrilled. Peter forced him to keep it a secret. Later Peter went to dinner with May. May was trying to talk to a silent Peter, and Peter admitted that he'd been tired out by the "Stark Internship", with May admitting to not being a fan of Stark. They saw footage of the bank robbery and May warned Peter not to go anywhere near that type of chaos in the city.
The entire next day at school, Ned asked Peter questions about being Spider-Man. They even watched a PSA from Captain America during gym, and Peter briefly mentioned fighting him. The boys overheard Liz Toomes talking to her friends about how she had a crush on Spider-Man, leading Ned to blurt out in front of everyone that Peter knew Spider-Man. Liz then invited Peter and Ned to a party at her house so that Peter could invite Spider-Man.
The boys attended the party, and almost instantly, Ned tried to get Peter to change into his Spider-Man outfit. Peter didn't want to until Flash Thompson started pestering him. He went to change, but saw an explosion in the distance. He went to investigate and found Herman Schultz and Jackson Brice selling Chitauri tech to a local criminal named Aaron Davis. Peter's cell went off when Ned tried to call him, making Brice and Schultz think Aaron was setting them up. Peter intervened and tried to fight the crooks. He chased them until Vulture swooped down and grabbed Peter. He dropped him into the river as he got tangled in his parachute. Iron Man saved Peter, finding out where he was because of a tracker in his suit. Tony was not in the armor as he was controlling it remotely, he told Peter to stay away from fighting dangerous criminals for his own good. Peter considered returning to the party, but Ned let him hear on the phone that Flash had everyone mocking Peter. Peter found a weapon that one of the crooks left behind.
The next day at school, with Ned's help, Peter cracked open the weapon to find a power core. He found Schultz again and placed a tracker on him, discovering that he was going to Maryland. To get there, Peter rejoined the decathlon team as they head to D.C. for the Nationals competition. Peter sneaked out and went to find Schultz as Spider-Man. He caught the villains attempting to hijack a Damage Control truck with more weaponry inside. During his attempt to foil the villains, Peter was knocked unconscious and woke up in a Damage Control warehouse, unable to leave because the door was sealed until the morning. Peter talked to the A.I. system in his suit, whom he named Karen. She helped Peter get a better understanding of how his suit worked. He even told her about his feelings for Liz. He also learned that the power core was basically a bomb that will go off when exposed to radiation. When he realized he was about to miss the competition, Peter had Karen help him unlock the doors as he rushed to the competition.
Peter missed the whole competition, but the team won thanks to the help of reserved loner Michelle Jones. The team then headed over to the Washington Monument. He called Ned to warn him about the power core that he was holding, but was unable to get the message through. As Spider-Man, he rushed to the Monument, but the core went off in Ned's backpack as the team is riding up the elevator. Spidey climbed up the Monument to save the team, but he can't get in through the window without using great force. The police arrived in choppers and ordered Peter to get to the ground. Against their orders, Peter leapt over the choppers and swung from the bottom. He broke through the glass and tried to hold the falling elevator with his web, but the weight pulled him down. He was able to hold the web and the elevator as everyone inside climbed out. Liz was the last person and nearly fell with the elevator but he caught her with the web saving her.
Back in New York, Karen revealed that the Spider-Man suit recorded everything that Peter had seen. She got a visual on Aaron, and Peter later found him in a parking garage. He attempted to interrogate him to find out why he was trying to get the tech from Vulture's goons. Aaron said he was trying to get them out of his neighborhood. He figured that Spider-Man was new to being a hero. Aaron told Peter that the Vulture and his men were meeting to gather more tech at the Staten Island Ferry later that afternoon.
Peter got a call from Tony, but he lied about what he was up to. He spotted Schultz on the ferry. He swung in and incapacitated Mac Gargan and his goons. Toomes tried to use a weapon on Spider-Man, but Peter webbed it down. This backfired and the weapon became unstable and split the ferry in half. Peter tried to hold the ferry together with his webbing, but it wasn't strong enough and continued to split. As Spider-Man held on as much as he can, Iron Man and his drones showed up to put the ferry back together and save everyone.
Both Peter and Tony retreated to a rooftop. Tony chews Peter out for not listening to him and lying to him about what he was doing with the suit. Peter attempted to put the blame on Tony for what happened with the ferry for not listening to him about the Vulture, but Tony stepped out of his suit and revealed that he did in fact listen to Peter, as he sent the FBI on to the same ferry. He went on to remind Peter that, while nobody got harmed, if somebody did, it would've been on Peter. Feeling that he was unworthy of it, Tony demanded that Peter gave him back the Spider-Man suit. Peter pleaded with Tony, saying that he was nothing without the suit, to which Tony said that if he was nothing without the suit then he shouldn't have it. Peter went home to Aunt May dejectedly. She berated him for not answering his phone all day, even going to the police to find out where he was. She also knew about him skipping detention at school earlier that day, that he missed out on the Decathlon competition in Washington and that he was sneaking out of the house every night. Demanding an explanation, he admitted to getting fired from the Stark Internship.
Peter resumed his life as a student and spent more time with Ned. Peter found Liz at school and admitted to liking her, which she already knew. He asked her to the homecoming dance, which she accepted.
On the night of the dance, Peter went to pick up Liz, only to learn that her father was none other than Adrian Toomes. After some awkward photos, Toomes drove Peter and Liz to the dance. As Liz told Toomes about Peter's background and the events at Washington, he slowly started putting together the pieces of Peter's circumstances and realized that he was Spider-Man. Liz left the car and Toomes quietly threatened Peter by telling him to stay out of his business or else he would kill him and anyone he cared about. During the dance, Peter learnt that Toomes planned to steal a shipment of weaponry from a plane coming from the Avengers Tower heading to their new headquarters. Peter ditched Liz and rushed to get his old Spider-Man suit to stop Toomes. He headed outside and was attacked by Schultz with his gauntlets. Peter tried to reach his web shooter, but Schultz continued to pummel him. He was saved by Ned and Peter stuck Schultz to a bus with the webbing.
Peter rushed to stop Toomes with Ned being his eyes and ears. Ned tried to get in touch with Happy, but he hung up on him. Peter found Toomes in his lair. Toomes attempted to reason with Peter that he was only doing what he believed was necessary and that the world wasn't as black and white as Peter believed it to be, it was all a distraction as Toomes unleashed his suit as it flew around the area, destroying support beams and causing a pile of debris to fall on Peter. Toomes left him to die. Peter struggled to lift the rubble off of him and he feared he was going to die. He remembered Tony's words and used all his strength to pull himself out.
Peter latched onto Vulture's suit as he intercepted the plane. Toomes tried to gather what he needed, but Peter foiled his plans. Toomes got in his suit and fought Spider-Man on the plane. They knocked out the turbines, sending the plane towards Coney Island. Peter was able to manoeuvre the plane away from the city and onto the beach as it crash-landed. Toomes attempted to get away with the weaponry, but Peter tried to warn him that they were about to explode. Toomes tried flying away anyway, but the cores blew up and he crashed to the ground. Peter found Toomes and saved him, but he left him next to the rest of the weaponry for Happy and the police to find later, leading to Toomes getting arrested.
At school, Peter found out that Liz was moving to Oregon with her mother while her father was on trial. She was still upset with Peter for leaving her at the dance. She said goodbye to Peter and hoped that he could figure himself out. Peter was back on the decathlon team, and Michelle was made captain. She quickly mentioned that her nickname was "MJ". Peter got a text to go to the bathroom. Happy was there, thanking Peter for what he did. He told Peter that Tony wanted to see him.
Happy brought Peter to the New Avengers Facility. Tony presented Peter with a brand new Spider-Man suit, telling him that there were reporters behind the wall waiting for a big announcement, meaning Tony was about to officially make Peter a new Avenger. However, Peter turned Tony down, saying he preferred to be a "Friendly neighborhood Spider-Man" for now. Peter left and asked Tony if he was testing him and whether or not he passed, and Tony seemingly confirmed it adding that there are no reporters. However, Tony was actually surprised that Peter made the mature choice of turning him down, and there were many reporters waiting outside.
When Peter got home, he found a bag from Tony on his bed. He had given Peter back his Spider-Man suit. Peter proudly put it on, not realizing Aunt May was behind him.
During his bus trip to MoMA, Peter had sensed something from the outside window, having this feeling with his arm hairs rising up and noticing it as a warning of what is coming to him. Parker looks over the window and spotted the appearance of an alien warship hovering over New York City. Parker coincidentally looked at the warship as a big of a threat that he must then take into consideration as soon as possible.
Looking around the bus and deciding to investigate, Peter quickly asked Ned Leeds to create a distraction for him. Leeds looked at the warship over Peter's window and proceeded to swear and scream for his life as all the other students look over their windows to see at what was going on. While all of the students were distracted, Peter had equipped his Web-Shooters and used the ensuing commotion to open through an emergency escape hatch onto one of the windows and go onto the side of a bus. Peter proceeded to equip his Spider-Man suit to conceal his identity and swung off the bridge to head to the conflict and figure out what was actually going on in the city.
Quickly swinging by into Greenwich Village, Spider-Man managed to arrive in time to assist Iron Man as he held up against Cull Obsidian's hammer and greeted him with a tone of an uplifting remark. Spider-Man proceeded to greet Iron Man again but was questioned about where he came from. Spider-Man told Iron Man that he was at a field trip to MOMA and as he was talking to Iron Man, Obsidian grabs Spider-Man and threw him across the field.
As Iron Man continued to fight, Spider-Man got up from the ground and joined him in battle, questioning him about what's the person's problem, Iron Man responded by telling him that the guy is from space and wants a necklace from a wizard. As he leaped onto Obsidian, Spider-Man was caught by his hammer and was thrown again. Iron Man and Spider-Man tried to fight against Obsidian, but suffered from some trouble subduing him.
Interrupted, Spider-Man noticed Ebony Maw levitating across the city with Doctor Strange. After Iron Man told him to save Doctor Strange, Spider-Man pursued towards Maw, web swinging across the city, but was hurt by Maw's use of his power by telekinetically using a billboard to throw at him. Spider-Man quickly recovered and followed Maw, managing to shoot his web and pulled Strange from the air, swinging away from Maw before he could catch him.
Swinging around the city with an unconscious Doctor Strange, Spider-Man had pulled away when the Q-Ship uses its gravitational pull. Spider-Man uses his best effort to rescue the sorcerer by using a lamp post to hold on and uses his strength to stay put. Spider-Man was cut off-guard when Ebony Maw telekinetically pulls him away from the lamp post and was subsequently pulled toward the alien warship. Spider-Man was unable to retrieve Strange and calls upon Iron Man that he was getting himself in a difficult situation. Spider-Man was stuck at the warship and managed to crawl up at the side of the ring.
After finishing his battle, Iron Man managed to locate the Q-Ship and fly towards the sky, contacting Spider-Man to stay put and deploys the Item 17A from the New Avengers Facility. Beginning to run out of oxygen, Spider-Man removed his mask as he unable to breathe as much as he can. Spider-Man told Iron Man that he must save the wizard as he was told by him, but Iron Man retorted his statement that he won't be able to breathe as the ship moved upward.
As he exhaustively started to pass out, Spider-Man was nearly suffocated as the ship left Earth's atmosphere and fell off the ship as he couldn’t breathe anymore. Falling down, Spider-Man was rescued by the intervention of Iron Man, who summoned the Iron Spider Armor. As the suit manifested around him with nanotech particles, Spider-Man swiftly recovered with an acrobatic landing and was able to breathe and contact Iron Man, telling him that his new suit smelled like a new car.
As Iron Man flew above him, Spider-Man was taken away as he was told, letting F.R.I.D.A.Y. quickly deploy his parachute from the back. Spider-Man angrily shouted as the parachute took him away from the ship. Spider-Man webbed at the side of the Q-Ship and intensely held onto it. Spider-Man attached himself to the wall of the ship and entered inside of a vault. As the vault closed, Spider-Man contemplated whether he should have stayed on the bus.
As the Q-Ship made its way to the planet of Titan, Spider-Man spotted Iron Man and the Cloak of Levitation at the rendezvous point of the ship. Iron Man was startled as Parker unmasked himself and tried to calm him down knowing what he was going to say. Stark was furious with Parker for following him through the ship.
Retracting his statement, Peter stated that it was a long way down from home and his suit was incredibly intuitive. Putting in technical terms, Parker said that it was mostly Tony's fault for letting him on the ship. Tony angrily asked him to retract his statement which Peter took back what he said. Peter had to tell him that he should stay with him but Tony had to tell him that he needs to think his situation, to which Peter retracted, saying he did think his plan through.
Trying to be reasonable, Peter told Tony that you can't be a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man if there's no neighborhood. As Stark was stunned by his logic, Peter realized his analogy didn't make sense but immediately tried to convince Tony to stay with him. After Tony agreed, Spider-Man walked over the edge and was asked to make himself useful and decided on how to rescue Dr. Strange below. After a moment of thinking, Peter came up with a strategy to save Strange, that was inspired by the movie Aliens.
Once Strange was further tortured, Spider-Man waited as Stark quietly went behind Ebony Maw to distract and surprise him, destroying the hull of the ship that can suck into the vacuum of space, leaving Maw to be subsequently killed. Noticing Strange being pulled away, Spider-Man narrowly managed to shoot a web at Strange and reached over a pole, aggressively hanging onto it. However, once the pole broke off, Spider-Man quickly fell down towards the hole.
Suddenly, Spider-Man unexpectedly activated his new suits' spider legs and managed to hang off from the hole on the ship. Spider-Man saved Strange from near death. As he was hanging on, Spider-Man looked at his newfound spider legs in question. Spider-Man pulled Strange inside the ship, jumping upward with his spider legs, long enough for Iron Man to seal it. After reviving the sorcerer, Peter gave greeting to the Cloak of Levitation with a handshake to which it goes away, leaving Peter to sarcastically leave it be.
Strange argued with Tony for nearly putting his life at risk. As they argued Tony contracted that he saved him in a ship with no backup, Peter then recalled himself to be back up. Tony disagreed and told him that he was a stowaway. Strange wondered if Peter was Tony's ward, but Peter clarified that he wasn't, and introduced himself to Dr. Strange, who returned the gesture; however, Peter mistook Strange's proper title for his superhero name.
Slowly walking towards the ship and listening to the conversation, Peter watched as Tony and Strange discussed and argued about how to confront their enemy, Thanos. After debating on what they should take into consideration, Strange reluctantly agreed to help confront Thanos. As Tony walked in front of him, Peter was formally knighted by him and was officially declared as a member of the Avengers, much to his delight.
Arriving at their destination, Peter assisted Tony with steering the Q-Ship with an arm piece and attempted to safely land on Titan. Peter tried to turn the ship around from deserted buildings but ended up crashing into them. Dr. Strange protected Peter and Tony from crash-landing the ship, by shielding them through holographic Mandalas.
After crash-landing, Strange and Tony survived the impact, as they began to prepare themselves from certain noises that were on the broken ship. Peter appeared upside down and asked them if there was something that could implant eggs in his chest. Tony angrily commented to him to never say anything pop culture related, but Peter told him that something was coming towards them.
As Peter, Tony, and Strange were attacked by the new arrivals – the Guardians of the Galaxy, a bomb was detonated in front of them and moved out of the way. As Spider-Man was woken up from the ground, he was startled by Mantis and webbed her up from the fear of her planting eggs in him. Spider-Man tried to get away but was attacked by Star-Lord. Dodging away, Spider-Man avoided the many lasers that were shot at him by Star-Lord's Quad Blasters and attempted to attack him with his spider legs but was subdued by the electrical bolas that vigorously shocked him.
As the brief scuffle ended at a stalemate, Spider-Man was held at gunpoint by Star-Lord. Iron Man captured and pinned down Drax the Destroyer after. Star-Lord threatened to kill Spider-Man. Star-Lord then asked Tony where his missing teammate, Gamora, was to which Tony replied with a question that confused him and asked who are the people he was attacking. Peter answered his question by saying that they were the Avengers. Eventually, both parties learned that they were both after Thanos and an alliance was formed between them.
Leaving the ruined ship, Star-Lord measured the planet they were on by telling the gravitational pull was off its axis. As Tony tried to come up with a plan to stop Thanos, Drax yawned at the middle of the plan. Star-Lord explained that listening isn't what they do and Peter questions what exactly do the rest of the Guardians do. Mantis explained what they do in a comprehensive statement to which both Peter and Tony were completely dumbfounded.
Tony told Star-Lord to get his team together and as they were trying to come up with a plan Star-Lord wanted to come up with a different plan to which Drax brought up the time he saved the galaxy with a dance-off. Peter wondered if it was like the movie Footloose and Star-Lord was thoroughly happy to say that it was. Star-Lord asked Peter if the film was the greatest movie back on Earth but was told that it never was.
As Tony and Star-Lord started to bicker, Mantis told Tony that Strange was doing something odd. Strange meditated with the Time Stone to find a way for them to win; revealing to Tony that despite the extreme amount of ways they lose, there was a single future in which they were successful in the fight against the Mad Titan. Eventually, Thanos arrived on the planet which was revealed to be his homeworld.
As Spider-Man and the rest of his allies sneaked up on Thanos, a fierce battle ensued, as Spider-Man launched webbing into Thanos's eyes and then striking him in the face. Dr. Strange covered Thanos' hand with the Cloak of Levitation and used his Eldritch Magic to open portals for Spider-Man to attack him repeatedly; however, Thanos quickly immobilized Spider-Man and angered by the provocations, threw him at Strange. Swinging by, Spider-Man covered Thanos' fist with webs, but was quickly subdued.
After Spider-Man and his allies were finally able to subdue the Mad Titan, Iron Man told him to help remove the Infinity Gauntlet away from Thanos. While Thanos was pinned down, the alliance nearly succeeded until Star-Lord's outrage against him was then shown by the reveal of Gamora's death. Once Star-Lord attacked Thanos and ruined Mantis' control, Spider-Man almost pulled the Gauntlet out of his hand while Tony was trying calm Star-Lord down.
Thanos regained control and pulled the Gauntlet away, throwing Mantis away from him, Spider-Man noticed her being flung across and saved her. Thanos attacked the rest of the alliance by throwing debris from a moon, crashing it towards Titan. Spider-Man swung around the fallen meteors from the moon while holding onto Mantis, avoiding the many fiery ballistic inbound, random debris, and massive pillars that were floating in any possible direction.
Swinging onto a still pillar, Spider-Man managed to web up Mantis to safety and swiftly saved the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy members, as they were falling uncontrollably, webbing across there locality and attached them up to a cliff. As he was talking, Spider-Man became flustered with himself that he couldn't remember any of the Guardians' names. After almost killing Tony and Strange, Thanos succeeded in taking the Time Stone and teleported to Earth.
On Titan, Peter and the remaining members of the Guardians of the Galaxy had finally recovered from the attack from Thanos. Peter arrived in the area where Dr. Strange and Tony Stark had suffered from their battle. Standing over Tony, Peter helped him by lifting him so that he could stand up on his feet after he suffered from his injuries in a gruesome duel with the Mad Titan.
Once Thanos completed the Infinity Gauntlet and snapped his fingers, Peter watched his allies on Titan disintegrate into ashes, firstly pointing towards the Guardians of the Galaxy members. Talking to Tony, Strange spoke on behalf of him, saying there was no other way that he could have ultimately saved the universe. Starting to feel weaker, Peter spoke to Tony, as he turned around to see what had happened.
Walking slowly, Peter muttered Tony's name and said that he didn't feel so good and realized that he was almost fading away. Terrified, Peter did not understand what was happening and clutched onto Tony. Peter was tearing up and told Stark that he didn't want to die. Visibly shocked, Stark stayed by Parker's side but was helpless as Peter muttered one final apology before crumbling into dust.
After Bruce Banner used the Infinity Stones to resurrect everyone killed by Thanos, Peter was resurrected and arrived at the New Avengers Facility through one of Stephen Strange's portals in the Iron Spider suit. As the battle raged, Peter teamed up with Scott Lang to save Tony Stark from 2014 Cull Obsidian. An excited Peter explained that he had awakened on Titan and was confused until Strange said he needed Peter's help. Happy to see Peter, whose death had hit him hard, Tony gave the teenager a hug, which Peter returned. During the battle, Peter teamed up with Tony and Pepper Potts against 2014 Thanos, but eventually lost the spider legs off the back of his suit. Needing to get the Nano Gauntlet to Scott, Peter grabbed it and traveled across the battlefield with the help of Steve Rogers, Pepper, Valkyrie, and Carol Danvers. Though Thanos got the Gauntlet, Tony was able to retrieve the Stones and use them to disintegrate Thanos and his army, leaving Tony mortally wounded. Peter joined James Rhodes and Pepper in comforting Tony as he died.
At Midtown School of Science and Technology, Peter discussed with Ned Leeds his plan to win over MJ, on whom he had developed a crush. They were prepping for a class trip to Europe and Peter hoped that he would get the chance to tell her how he felt.
Peter had a list of things he needed to do before his trip including getting a European phone adaptor from Delmar's Deli & Grill, selling his toys so he could buy the Black Dhalia necklace for MJ, picking up his passport and stopping the Manfredi Crime Family.
Later, Peter attended a fundraiser as Spider-Man, with May Parker there to support him. They were met by Happy Hogan, who handed over a cheque and flirted with May. He gave Peter a heads-up that Nick Fury was going to call him, which he does almost instantly, but Peter ignored him since he has other things to worry about. He returned outside as Spider-Man to talk to reporters, but they overwhelmed him with questions about becoming the new Iron Man or the next to lead the Avengers, so he left in a panic. The next day, the class went on the trip, with Peter choosing to leave his suit behind to enjoy his vacation, but he later found that May packed it for him anyway. They were chaperoned by Mr. Harrington and Mr. Dell, and are joined by other students, including Flash Thompson, who was still a big Spider-Man fan but also still dumped on Peter. On the plane, Peter tried to get Ned to help him switch seats so that he could sit with MJ, but Ned caused Mr. Harrington to take Peter while MJ was seated next to Brad Davis, who was one of the kids that didn't get dusted and grew into a handsome athletic superstar. Peter was clearly jealous, while Ned sat next to Betty and they became a couple.
The class arrived in Venice, Italy for their first stop. They stayed in a crummy hotel, but took time to enjoy the sights, while Peter tried to get closer to MJ. Suddenly, the water levels on the ground started rising. Soon, a massive Water Elemental bega to wreak havoc upon the city, using water to flood the city or destroy buildings. Peter tried to do something about it, but he left his Spider-Man suit at the hotel. Quentin Beck arrives and used his powers to fight the Water Elemental. He was able to subdue the creature’s attacks before ultimately splitting the creature in two. He was seen as a hero by Peter's classmates and after watching a news report on him, they start to call him "Mysterio". After, Peter and Ned go back to their room, but Ned was tranquilized by Fury. He had been trying to get Peter’s attention and it hadn't worked until now. They had to leave the room to talk in private since everyone kept interrupting them. Fury took Peter to his secret hideout to meet Maria Hill and Beck. Beck explained that he was from an alternate Earth, which was where the Elementals came from. This was supposedly caused by The Snap and Beck claimed that the Fire Elemental was the one that destroyed his home world and his family. Fury wanted Peter’s help in fighting back, but Peter felt that he wasn't qualified to fight beings like these.
Fury hijacked the class' vacation by having his employee, Dmitri, act as a driver to their new and unexpected destination, Prague, as Fury and Beck have learned that’s where the Fire Elemental was set to strike. Before heading out, Peter was taken by the Seamstress, sent by Fury to give him a stealth suit. She ordered him to take off his clothes and put it on, but he was found by Brad, who took a photo of Peter in what looks like a compromising position. Peter ran after him to get rid of the picture, but Brad said he knew that Peter liked MJ too and he thought showing her the photo would make her lean more toward Brad. On their trip, Peter used Tony's high-tech glasses, E.D.I.T.H. ("Even Dead, I'm The Hero") to handle Brad, which was misinterpreted as a request for an attack. Peter had to somewhat discreetly stop the incoming drone from killing Brad, as well as the whole class. Then used E.D.I.T.H. to hack into Brad’s phone and delete the picture.
After arriving in Prague, Mr. Harrington told the students that they were given tickets to the opera, which ruined their plans to go to the carnival, but it was planned by Fury to keep Peter's friends inside to avoid being caught in the path of the Fire Elemental. Peter was forced to stay outside and be on the lookout, which ruined his plan to sit next to MJ. She followed him outside and Ned and Betty followed since they thought the other two were headed for the carnival. Outside, the Fire Elemental emerged and began to rampage. Peter and Beck teamed up against the beast, trying to avoid letting it touch metal or else it would get more powerful. Ned and Betty were trapped on the Ferris wheel as Peter tried to save them and Beck fought the Fire Elemental. Peter fired a web at the beast, which pulled something out of it and made it land near a hidden MJ. Beck then used his powers to dive into the Fire Elemental's chest and destroy it. Peter checked to make sure he was okay. However, he was told by Fury to step up.
As the gang moved to Berlin, Peter and Beck were called by Fury and Maria to discuss forming a new team. Peter privately met with Beck and decided that Beck was the one that truly deserved E.D.I.T.H., since he thought Tony only left it for him to choose who was worthy of being the next Iron Man.
Peter went back to the hotel to invite MJ to go out with him. As he tried to tell her how he felt, she cut him off to reveal that she knew he was Spider-Man, due to the many "coincidences" involving them being in the same places at the same time. She pulled out what she found at the site of the Fire Elemental fight, a projector that showed Mysterio fighting the Air Elemental. The two realized that Beck was behind the Elementals and that he was a fraud. As Beck and his goons prepared for a combination of all the Elementals to be an Avengers level threat, they found that the missing projector from one of their drones was in Peter's hands.
Peter went to tell Fury and Hill about Beck's true motives, but Beck caught up to Peter first and created an entire illiusion to trap him in. He taunted Peter for not being the hero he wanted to be and even forced him to endure a projection of Tony bursting from his grave and coming out to terrorize him. It appeared as though Fury subdued Beck and asked Peter who else he told, to which Peter admitted that he told MJ and Ned and that Ned probably told Betty. This was another one of Beck's illusions and he intended to kill Peter's friends. He backed Peter into the path of a train, Peter doesn't die but was wounded and passed out on the train. Peter woke up in a jail cell in the Netherlands. After breaking out, he called Happy to come get him. While Happy tended to Peter's wounds, Peter broke down and said that he doesn't get why Tony would pick him as a successor when he keeps screwing everything up. Happy reassured him that Tony believed in him for a reason and that he knew Peter would be the hero that the world needed. Peter created himself a new suit from Tony's computer while they headed to London to rescue his friends.
The class was taking a tour bus ride around London, but it was driven by Guterman who was working with Mysterio. They stopped on the London Bridge as Mysterio prepared the Elemental to attack. Peter arrived in a new suit for battle and asked Happy to keep Ned, MJ, Betty and Flash safe, but his jet got blown up and they had to hide in the Tower of London as the drones chased after them. Peter entered the illusion of the Elemental Fusion and webbed all the drones together to get them to crash and break the illusion. He destroyed more and more drones before Mysterio had him cornered and facing a horde of drones directed at him while under an illusion. Using his "Peter Tingle", he dodged all the drones, destroyed them all and in the chaos, one of them shot Mysterio. Peter went to retrieve E.D.I.T.H., but Beck attempted one last illusion to kill him and it failed, leaving Beck to die in disgrace. Peter then disabled all the drones. Afterwards, Peter and MJ run onto Tower Bridge to meet with each other. They acknowledged their mutual romantic feelings and kissed. Fury tried to meet with Peter again but Happy told him to leave the kid alone since he was with his new girlfriend.
The students return home. At home, Peter sat Happy and May down to discuss their apparently developing relationship, Happy thought they were an item but May claimed it was just a summer fling. Peter left them to discuss their situation and went to meet MJ for a date as Spider-Man. He took her for a swing around the city, although the heights freak her out. Peter dropped MJ off in the streets and went to leave. A breaking news broadcast was aired in the middle of the city featuring a video created by Mysterio before his death that had been sent to TheDailyBugle.net. J. Jonah Jameson aired the video which claimed that Spider-Man orchestrated the drone attack in London and killed Mysterio. He then revealed that Spider-Man was Peter Parker to the whole city. Peter was horrified.
To be added
In Captain America: Civil War, Peter is a good-natured teenager with good intentions who uses his abilities to help individuals in need. In the battle between Tony Stark and Steven Rogers' factions, Peter showed a great deal of skill but obvious inexperience. Being one of the youngest superheroes, Peter possesses a much more optimistic worldview than the Avengers.
In Spider-Man: Homecoming, Perer has accidentally revealed his secret identity as Spider-Man twice to both his best friend, Ned Leeds and his aunt, May Parker; proving that he can be reckless to the point of carelessness. Peter loved making pop culture references to films, which have actually helped him make successful strategies in battle. Peter value the safety his friends and family above all else. Peter is also shown to crack a few jokes and have a little chat with his enemies.
Powers and Abilities
- Spider Physiology: After being bitten by a genetically altered spider, Peter's body mutated, giving him the proportionate powers of a spider including superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, agility, reflexes, senses and wallcrawling. He also developed a "spider-sense", which alerts him to danger.
- Superhuman Strength: Spider-Man possesses strength significantly greater than that of ordinary humans, enabling him to hold heavy objects and stand his ground when battling other enhanced individuals. An internet video showed him catching and completely stopping the forward momentum of a 3,000 lb minivan moving at 40 mph while it was inches away from a moving bus. In Captain America: Civil War, not only was he able to catch a full force punch from the Winter Soldier's prosthetic arm with no signs of injury, he was also able to casually overpower him. He was able to pull Captain America's shield out of his hands with his webbing while airborne. He was able to carry the weight of a collapsing jet bridge and was still able to support it for more than several seconds. However, in Spider-Man's direct confrontation against Captain America, he was proven to be less powerful in terms of physical strength and combat prowess, so Captain America was able to overpower him relatively easily. He was also able to break through a bulletproof glass window with only a few blows and was able to lift the considerable portion of a concrete roof that Vulture had collapsed on top of him, but he had to put a lot of effort into the latter.
- Superhuman Durability: Spider-Man is incredibly durable and more physically resistant to injury than a normal human. After being hit by a crashed vehicle, he got up mere moments later and swung away as if nothing happened. He can hold his own in battle amongst other enhanced individuals. At the end of the battle, he only sustained a black eye from Giant-Man, even though he had been sent flying into a glass window by Falcon's Redwing, struck with a Vibranium shield and fell from several stories high.
- Superhuman Speed: Spider-Man can move much faster than normal humans, with quick reflexes that help him in both hand-to-hand combat and shooting webs. During the events of Captain America: Civil War, he was able to catch up to both Falcon and Winter Soldier by web slinging.
- Superhuman Agility: Spider-Man is incredibly agile and is able to do acrobatic stunts, air flipping, jumping and landing perfectly on the ground after web swinging.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Spider-Man's reaction time is significantly enhanced. He has the coordination to catch or dodge objects or individuals moving at high speeds even without looking.
- Superhuman Stamina: With superhuman stamina, Spider-Man is able to exert himself much longer than normal humans, without tiring.
- Superhuman Senses: Spider-Man's senses are more fine-tuned than that of normal humans, which made it hard to focus on one thing at a time stating that they had "dialed up to 11". Like his superhuman sight, which is the reason why he wore black goggles with slits on each lens. Tony Stark later made Peter's new suit with mechanized eyes to limit his senses and focus on the battle.
- Spider-Sense: Spider-Man is able to precognitively sense danger, as displayed when he was able to detect something was wrong immediately prior to being disarmed by Ant-Man at the Berlin airport. He is able to sense an object thrown by Winter Soldier without looking, then catching it, then throw it back at him. The hairs on his arms stood on end when the Q-Ship lowered over New York, alerting him to the danger.
- Accelerated Healing Factor: Spider-Man is able to heal much faster, more extensively and efficiently than normal humans. After the Avengers Civil War, he was able to rapidly heal from a black eye and other harm without any scarring in a matter of hours. During a battle with the Vulture, Spider-Man suffered with multiple slash wounds and scars on face and healed rapidly from them in a matter of hours.
- Superhuman Immunity: Due to Spider-Man's accelerated healing factor, he is immune to all types of diseases, illnesses, sickness, drugs, poisons, toxins, etc.
- Wall-Crawling: Spider-Man can naturally adhere to any surface, allowing him to crawl on walls and ceilings by using his fingertips and feet.
- Genius-Level Intellect: Academically gifted, Peter displays an uncanny affinity for science, mathematics, mechanics, and physics. Peter is very intelligent, specifically in chemistry and physics. He is intelligent enough to create a powerful adhesive to serve as a "spider web" and constructed a pair of working electro-mechanical web-shooters. Another testament to his intelligence is where he used a simple calculator (alongside Karen, the A.I. in his new suit) to override a time lock in the Damage Control Deep-storage Vault (albeit after 246 failed attempts) to escape.
- Basic Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Due to Spider-Man being a crime-fighter for 6 months, he has basic skills in hand-to-hand combat; while he was able to handle the likes of Falcon and Winter Soldier for a time and get the better of them, Falcon was able to dispose of him momentarily. Against a more skilled opponent, like Captain America, he was able to hold his own temporarily; however, due to Captain America's far superior combat skills and experience, Spider-Man was ultimately defeated by him relatively easily.
- Skilled Tactician: Despite being a crime-fighter for 6 months, Spider-Man is a capable tactician, using the laws of physics to his advantage in battle.
- Master Acrobat: Due to Spider-Man's superhuman agility, he is an excellent acrobat and gymnast; as he was able to accurately shoot a string of webbing at Captain America's shield then catch it while jumping in the air and land over a vehicle.
- Skilled Marksman: Due to Spider-Man being a crime-fighter for 6 months, he is a very skilled marksman; as he is able to aim at his targets by hitting them with his webs and spider-tracers via shooting them from his Web-Shooters.
- Bilingualism: Peter is capable of fluently speaking English and Spanish.
- Limited Strength: Although Spider-Man is incredibly strong, he does have his limits. He is unable to match Captain America and Ant-Man respectively in terms of physical strength.
- Limited Durability: Although Spider-Man is incredibly durable, he does have his limits. During his first confrontation with Vulture, there fight resulted in him getting trapped inside the truck, he then accidentally knocked himself unconscious when he banged his head against the ceiling in his hasty attempt to escape.
- Distractions: Spider-Man's spider-sense doesn't work very well if he is distracted. During an argument between Iron Man and Captain America, he didn't notice Ant-Man upon the latter stealing Captain America's shield, Spider-Man also did not notice the Redwing drone while taunting Falcon and Winter Soldier.
- Web-Shooters: Peter wore Web Shooters that strapped onto his wrist, and made the first variation of these and later, Tony Stark made an upgrade to them.
- Web Fluid: A unique fluid developed by Peter that he uses to fuel his web-shooters, allowing him to shoot webs. It has been remarked by Tony Stark that the tensile strength of the webbing is "off the charts".
- Utility Belt: Peter wears a utility belt to hold his web cartridges, that are used to refill his web-shooters; when fighting crime as Spider-Man.
- Spider-Tracers: Small spider shaped like devices that Tony Stark designed for Peter to find or track his enemies by shooting them onto objects or individuals.
- Spider-Man Suit: Peter wears a suit as his superhero alter-ego, Spider-Man, to hide his identity from his enemies, when he goes out fighting crime, his first suit was made from cheap gloves, red and blue long sleeved shirt, blue pants, red shoes and black goggles, he was later given a new suit made by Tony Stark after he jokingly mocked his old one stating that he was in a "dire need of an upgrade".
- Spider-Drone: An autonomous spider-like reconnaissance drone attached to the spider emblem on the Spider-Man suit.
- Iron Spider Armor: During the events of Infinity War and the Battle of Earth respectively, Peter wore a protective suit of armor, as Iron Spider.
- Ben Parker - Uncle; deceased.
- May Parker - Aunt.
- Ned Leeds - Classmate and best friend.
- Michelle Jones - Classmate and girlfriend.
- Flash Thompson - Classmate and rival.
- Betty Brant - Classmate.
- Jason Ionello - Classmate.
- Liz Toomes - Former classmate and crush.
- Cindy Moon - Classmate.
- Seymour O'Reilly - Classmate.
- Tiny McKeever - Classmate.
- Charles Murphy - Classmate.
- Abraham Brown - Classmate.
- Sally Avril - Classmate.
- Brad Davis - Classmate and rival.
- Zoha - Classmate.
- Yasmin Monette - Classmate.
- Zach Cooper - Classmate.
- Josh Scarino - Classmate.
- Tyler Corbyn - Classmate.
- Sebastian - Classmate.
- Sue Lorman - Classmate.
- Midtown School of Science and Technology
- Tony Stark/Iron Man - Idol, ally and mentor; deceased.
- Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow - Ally; deceased.
- James Rhodes/War Machine - Ally.
- Vision - Ally; deceased.
- Steve Rogers/Captain America - Idol, temporary enemy turned ally; retired.
- Clint Barton/Hawkeye - Enemy turned ally.
- Sam Wilson/Falcon - Enemy turned ally.
- Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch - Enemy turned ally.
- Scott Lang/Ant-Man - Enemy turned ally.
- Thor Odinson - Ally and teammate.
- Bruce Banner/Hulk - Resurrector and ally.
- Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel - Savior and ally.
- Happy Hogan - Friend and partner.
- T'Challa/Black Panther - Ally.
- Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier - Enemy turned ally.
- Stephen Strange/Dr. Strange - Ally.
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Pepper Potts/Rescue - Ally.
- Valkyrie - Ally.
- Hope van Dyne/Wasp - Ally.
- Shuri - Ally.
- M'Baku - Ally.
- Okoye - Ally.
- Korg - Ally.
- Miek - Ally.
- Wong - Ally.
- Howard the Duck - Ally.
- Kraglin Obfonteri - Ally.
- Adrian Toomes/Vulture - Enemy and secret-keeper.
- Herman Schultz/Shocker - Enemy.
- Jackson Brice - Enemy; deceased.
- Randy Vale - Enemy.
- Mac Gargan - Enemy.
- Thanos - Enemy and killer; deceased.
- Cull Obsidian - Enemy; deceased.
- Ebony Maw - Enemy; deceased.
- Thanos (2014 version) - Enemy; deceased.
- Cull Obsidian (2014 version) - Enemy; deceased.
- Ebony Maw (2014 version) - Enemy; deceased.
- Corvus Glaive (2014 version) - Enemy; deceased.
- Proxima Midnight (2014 version) - Enemy; deceased.
- Outriders (2014 versions) - Enemies.
- Quentin Beck/Mysterio - Ally turned enemy; deceased.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (8 films)
- Iron Man 2 (First appearance/retroactive Cameo) - Max Favreau
- Ant-Man (Mentioned only)
- Captain America: Civil War - Tom Holland
- Spider-Man: Homecoming - Tom Holland
- Avengers: Infinity War - Tom Holland
- Avengers: Endgame - Tom Holland
- Peter's To-Do List - Tom Holland
- Spider-Man: Far From Home - Tom Holland
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2 comics)
Behind the scenes
- Before Tom Holland was cast as the role, numerous fans petitioned for either Tobey Maguire or Andrew Garfield to return to the role, but ultimately they did not, but after Holland was cast, both Garfield and Maguire praised Tom Holland, with Garfield stating that he was "glad to be just a fan again".
- Tom Holland is so far the youngest actor to portray Spider-Man in the movies at 19 years old at the time. He beat Tobey Maguire's record of 3 movies by starring in 5 movies as Peter Parker/Spider-Man.
- Jon Bernthal and Tom Holland made audition tapes together to get himself and Holland the roles of Frank Castle/Punisher and Peter Parker/Spider-Man. Chris Hemsworth also put in a good word for him.
- Tom Holland did a flip in his audition to get the role of Peter Parker/Spider-Man.
- Tom Holland is a trained Gymnast and Dancer, he works out regularly and does back flips in his back garden which he posts on his Instagram page, he even mentioned his workout routine involves electrocution at this EMS Gym he works out in.
- Tom Holland did screen tests with Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. He mentioned he was 'frightened' during his audition until Robert Downey Jr. took him aside and gave him advice, saying "Listen, I remember my screen test for Iron Man. I remember how terrified I was. Just think of it as an audition. It's nothing too scary. If you get it wrong, we'll just start again. No pressure".
- Tom Holland has signed on for at least three films, not including his Civil War appearance.
- Tom Holland wore a motion capture suit for Captain America: Civil War, so the suit was entirely CGI, but starting in Spider-Man: Homecoming, the suit is practical and worn by Tom Holland.
- Spider-Man is so far the second superhero in the MCU to have a secret identity after Daredevil.
- This is the youngest version of Peter Parker to be introduced into the movies, being only 15 years old, he is also the first to not have an origin story.
- Spider-Man was going to have a larger role in Captain America: Civil War, but when it looked like Marvel wouldn't be getting the rights to Spider-Man, they extended Black Panther's role.
- Peter's screen time in Captain America: Civil War is 8:30.
- Tom Holland is in the 2018 Guinness Book of World Records for being the youngest leading actor in the MCU.
- The Homemade Spider-Man suit looks just like the Ben Reilly (Earth-616) Spider-Man suit.
- In the comics, Peter's parents were S.H.I.E.L.D. agents recruited by Nick Fury.
Captain America: Civil War
Promotion, Filming and Concept Art
Promotion, Filming and Concept Art
Avengers: Infinity War
Promotion, Filming and Concept Art
To be added
Promotion, Filming and Concept Art
Spider-Man: Far From Home
Promotion, Filming and Concept Art
To be added
- ↑ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tom-holland-officially-confirms-spider-man-was-in-iron-man-2_us_59508ea4e4b0da2c731c7080?ir=Entertainment&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000027