Ben Reilly is the superhero known as Scarlet Spider. Ben was once known as Peter Parker and Spider-Man, but he abandoned the name when he believed himself to be a clone of the original Peter Parker. It was later discovered by Curt Connors that the so-called Peter was in fact a clone and that Ben was the original.
To be added
To be added
Powers and Abilities
- Spider Physiology: Due to being bitten by a radioactive spider that was exposed to the Neogenic Recombinator, Scarlet Spider possesses the proportionate powers of a spider; such as superhuman strength, durability, speed, agility, reflexes, equilibrium, stamina, senses, etc. He can also cling to solid surfaces and has a "spider-sense", which alerts him to danger.
- Superhuman Strength: Possessing the proportionate strength of a spider, Scarlet Spider is far stronger than normal humans; for example, he can overpower a group of thugs relatively easily, Scarlet Spider's superhuman strength is also on par with Spider-Man and Spider-Carnage respectively.
- Superhuman Durability: Scarlet Spider is far more durable than normal humans; for example, he can withstand great impact forces, such as powerful blows from Spider-Carnage, that would have severely injure or kill a non-superhuman.
- Superhuman Speed: Possessing the proportionate speed of a spider, Scarlet Spider is much faster than normal humans; for example, he is able to catch up to or outrun moving vehicles relatively easily.
- Superhuman Agility: Possessing the proportionate agility of a spider, Scarlet Spider is far more agile than normal humans; for example, he is able to perform acrobatic and gymnastic moves, such as high jumps, somersaults, flips, etc.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Scarlet Spider's reflexes are much faster than normal humans; for example, he is able to dodge or counter any attack, such as a paralysing ray blast from Green Goblin. Scarlet Spider's spider-sense also further greatly amplifies his superhuman reflexes because he is able to preempt danger before it happens.
- Superhuman Flexibility: Scarlet Spider is far more flexible than normal humans.
- Superhuman Equilibrium: Scarlet Spider's equilibrium is far more greatly developed than normal humans; for example, he is able to balance himself perfectly on any object, no matter how small or narrow it is.
- Superhuman Jumping: Possessing the proportionate jumping of a spider, Scarlet Spider can jump much higher and leap much farther than normal humans.
- Superhuman Stamina: Scarlet Spider possesses far more stamina then normal humans; allowing him to remain physically active for long periods of time.
- Superhuman Senses: Scarlet Spider's senses are far more greatly developed than normal humans; for example, he no longer needs his glasses after the spider's bite. He is also able to sense, hear and see objects near to him much like any spider would.
- Spider-Sense: Scarlet Spider possesses precognitive danger senses, as he is able to quickly dodge any form of attacks just after sensing them; it is an early warning detection system that detects impending danger before it happens and warns him via a tingling or buzzing sensation in the base of his skull, giving him more than plenty of time to react via identifying whether a danger is potential or immediate, how intense a threat it is, what direction it is coming from, how fast it is, etc.
- Accelerated Healing Factor: Scarlet Spider's metabolism allows him to heal much faster, more extensively and efficiently than normal humans; for example, he no longer needs his glasses after the spider's bite. it is unknown if Scarlet Spider's accelerated healing factor is powerful enough to affect his aging.
- Superhuman Immunity: Due to Scarlet Spider's accelerated healing factor; he is immune to most, if not all types of diseases, illnesses, sickness, drugs, poisons, toxins, etc.
- Wall-Crawling: Scarlet Spider is able to stick to any surface (no matter how rough or slippery) much like any spider would; by using his fingertips and feet.
- Expert Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Due to Scarlet Spider being a crime-fighter for an unknown number of years, he is an extremely skilled hand-to-hand combatant, Scarlet Spider's combat skills combined with his superhuman physical attributes; makes him a formidable opponent alone in single combat.
- Limited Strength: Although Scarlet Spider is incredibly strong, he does have his limits. He was unable to match Man-Spider in terms of physical strength.
- Limited Durability: Although Spider-Man is incredibly durable, he does have his limits. Objects or weapons with enough force can injure him.
- Scarlet Spider Suit: Ben wears a suit as his superhero alter-ego, Scarlet Spider, to hide his identity from his enemies when he goes out fighting crime, the suit was designed by Ben himself.
- Spider-Man Suit: Ben wore a suit as his superhero alter-ego, Spider-Man, to hide his identity from his enemies when he goes out fighting crime, the suit was designed by Ben himself; but he later abandoned the suit, when he believed that he was a clone of the original Peter Parker.
- Peter Parker/Spider-Man - Doppelgänger and ally.
- Peter Parker/Spider-Carnage - Clone, enemy and attempted killer; deceased.
- Marvel Animated Universe (1 TV movie)
Behind the scenes
To be added
- Unlike in the comics, this version of Ben Reilly is not a clone, but a doppelgänger of Peter Parker from a parallel dimension.
To be added