|Appeared in||Captain America: Civil War|
The Raft is an underwater prison.
Following the battle between both factions of Avengers, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye and Ant-Man were imprisoned for working outside the law. However, Captain America was able to infiltrate the facility and free them, having secured asylum in Wakanda from King T'Challa.
- Thaddeus Ross - Operator.
- Scott Lang - Former prisoner.
- Sam Wilson - Former prisoner.
- Clint Barton - Former prisoner.
- Wanda Maximoff - Former prisoner.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (1 film)
- Captain America: Civil War (First appearance)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (1 TV Sseries)
- Jessica Jones
- Season 2
- Season 3
- Jessica Jones
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (1 Web series)
Behind the scenes
To be added
- In the comics, The Raft is an island prison made to house super-powered criminals. Inmates have included the Absorbing Man, Doctor Octopus, or even the Juggernaut.
- The island was recently rechristened as Spider Island II by Spider-Man, or Doctor Octopus during the time that he took over Spider-Man's body.
- The role of the Raft in Captain America: Civil War is used in place of Prison 42. A prison created by Reed Richards set up in the Negative Zone, where most of the anti-registration superheroes were incarcerated.
- Due to 20th Century Fox holding the rights to all Fantastic Four-related media at the time, including Prison 42, Marvel Studios was unable to use the prison. As a result, the Raft was used instead.
- According to the description in Jessica Jones, the Raft inmates 'have no contact with the outside world, and they never return to it.' This was further emphasized/detailed by Jeri Hogarth, who said that prisoners were 'in solitary confinement 23 hours a day' with 'no visitors' at all.