|Appeared in||X-Men: First Class|
The Russian General was a high-ranking Soviet military official during the early 1960s.
In 1962, the Russian General meets with Hellfire Club member Emma Frost at his military retreat. Although Sebastian Shaw was originally supposed to meet with him, he decides to deal with the growing threat from Division X in the United States and sends Frost in his place.
While there, Frost attempts to convince the general that with the U.S. placing their missiles in Turkey, Russia might need to respond. When he initially refuses to discuss the matter, she attempts to seduce him using her telepathy. However, Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr - both of whom had accompanied a CIA covert ops-team to apprehend Shaw - break into his retreat and ultimately into his room, discovering both the general and Frost. With Frost's illusion broken, the general attempts to shoot both men before Xavier telepathically knocks him out.
Later on in Moscow, Shaw finally meets up with the general and advocates to the latter for the need to place missiles in Cuba to counteract America's placement of its missiles in Turkey (which Shaw engineered). The general responds that such an action would provoke a nuclear war with America - something that Shaw secretly hopes for in order to wipe out non-mutant humans. Before he can contact the KGB to apprehend Shaw, the Hellfire Club appears and ultimately coerces the general to place Russian missiles in Cuba.
The general is later seen advocating to Nikita Khrushchev for the placement of missiles in Cuba, and orders a fleet to protect any Russian cargo ships carrying missiles bound for Cuba.
To be added
Behind the scenes
To be added
- The Russian General's rank is that of Army General, the second highest military rank in the Soviet Union after Marshal.
- The Russian General has won the following military decorations (according those apparent on his uniform):
- Jubilee Medal "30 Years of the Soviet Army and Navy"
- Medal "For the Defense of Moscow"
- Medal "For the Defense of Stalingrad"
- Medal "For the Capture of Budapest"
- Medal of Victory and Freedom (Poland)
- Medal for Battle Merit (won three times)
- Order of Glory (won twice)
- Order of the Red Banner
- Order of Lenin (won twice)
- Order of the Red Star (won twice)
- Order of the Patriotic War (1st Class)
- Order of Alexander Nevsky
- Order Of Kutuzov
X-Men: First Class
To be added