|Appeared in|| Captain America: The Winter Soldier|
Captain America: Civil War
Nick Fury assigns her to watch over Steve Rogers as his next door neighbor and it is implied that the two have some feelings for each other. Natasha Romanoff attempts to get Steve to ask her out but it fails. When Nick Fury is shot at Steve's apartment, Sharon arrives, revealing her cover. She then takes care of Fury until help arrives but he seemingly dies. Later she is part of a team ordered to hunt down Steve in the investigation of Nick Fury's death. It is unknown how much she did to help them. When Steve hacked into the speakers and revealed HYDRA's plans, she participated in helping Steve and stating true to S.H.I.E.L.D.. She later went on to join the CIA after S.H.I.E.L.D's collapse.
- "Margaret Carter was known to most as the founder of S.H.I.E.L.D. But I just know her as Aunt Peggy. She had a photograph in her office: Aunt Peggy standing next to JFK. As a kid that was pretty cool. But it was a lot to live up to, which is why I never told anyone we were related. I asked her once how she managed to master diplomacy and espionage at a time when no one wanted to see a woman succeed at either. And she said, "Compromise where you can. Where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move, it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in the eye, and say, 'No, *you* move'.""
- ―Sharon Carter[src]
Young and attractive. Sharon is guided by a strong moral compass and is not afraid to speak out when her ethics are challenged.
- Expert Spy: Sharon pretended to be a nurse well enough that Natasha Romanoff referred to her by that title until her cover was blown.
- Expert Marksman: During Sharon's shooting range test for the CIA, she was perfect with every shot.
- Expert Martial Artist: As a former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, Sharon has received training in martial arts fighting. Sharon demonstrated proficiency in performing a series of martial arts kicks in a brief fight with Winter Soldier.
- Peggy Carter - Aunt; deceased.
- Steve Rogers/Captain America - Neighbor, ally and love interest.
- Everett Ross - Ally.
- Nick Fury - Former superior; deceased.
- Alexander Pierce - Former superior turned enemy; Deceased.
- Brock Rumlow - Enemy; Deceased.
- Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier - Unwilling enemy turned ally; deceased.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2 films)
Behind the scenes
- Before Emily VanCamp was cast as Sharon, Anna Kendrick, Felicity Jones, Imogen Poots, Teresa Palmer, Alison Brie, Emilia Clarke, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Elizabeth Olsen and Jessica Brown Findlay were considered for the part.
- In the comics, Sharon Carter is the niece of Peggy Carter and eventually falls in love with Steve Rogers. The acknowledgement is not made in the film, though Sharon tells Steve that she was talking to her aunt on the phone, who she describes as an "insomniac", as she was doing her laundry.
- In Captain America: The First Avenger, Amanda Righetti who portrayed an unnamed S.H.I.E.L.D. agent used the call "Code 13" as a reference to both Peggy and Sharon.