Read on only if you don't mind reading spoilers for the film.
|Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse|
|Director:|| Bob Persichetti|
|Expected Release:||December 14, 2018|
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is an upcoming computer-generated animated film created by Sony Pictures Animation, set for release in 2018 which follows Peter Parker in a another universe trains Miles Morales as the new Spider-Man. It has no connection with the Marvel Cinematic Universe or any live action films.
In another universe, Peter Parker, aka New York's beloved hero Spider-Man, has been killed. However, a teenager named Miles Morales, who gains similar powers, attempts to take up the role of Spider-Man, with limited success. However, the villainous Kingpin activates a "super-collider", a machine capable of opening portals to other dimensions, which ends up pulling several alternate spider-themed heroes into Miles' dimension, among them an older Peter Parker. Although worn down and jaded from his life as Spider-Man, the older Peter reluctantly agrees to train Miles to help him become a hero, joined by Spider-Man Noir, SP//DR, Ghost-Spider, and Spider-Ham. However, Kingpin's reckless use of the collider has caused the fabric of reality to destabilize, putting the multiverse at risk.
- Shameik Moore as Miles Morales/Spider-Man
- Hailee Steinfeld as Gwen Stacy/Ghost-Spider
- Mahershala Ali as Aaron Davis/Prowler
- Jake Johnson as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Liev Schreiber as Wilson Fisk/Kingpin
- Brian Tyree Henry as Jefferson Davis
- Lauren Vélez as Rio Morales
- Lily Tomlin as May Parker
- Nicolas Cage as Peter Parker/Spider-Man Noir
- John Mulaney as Spider-Ham
- Kimiko Glenn as Peni Parker
- Oscar Isaac as Miguel O'Hara/Spider-Man 2099
- Chris Pine as Peter Parker/Ultimate Spider-Man
- Kathryn Hahn as Serena Patel/Doctor Octopus
- Zoe Kravitz as Mary Jane Watson
- Hudson Yung as Ganke Lee
Details of the film originally surfaced on November 24, 2014, when Sony was hacked. The details stated that it was a comedy.
At Sony's presentation on April 22, 2015 at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, Tom Rothman announced that Phil Lord and Chris Miller (who directed The Lego Movie and Jump Street) would make an animated Spider-Man film. Lord and Miller would be writing and producing for it though, the director of the movie yet to be announced. The movie would be set for release on July 20, 2018. Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, and Amy Pascal, would also be serving as producers.
Lord announced that the movie would be a standalone film, with more creative freedom, and be "off a little bit to the side". It would also have no connection to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. 
To be added
- ↑ First-ever animated Spider-Man film to be released in 2018
- ↑ Phil Lord and Chris Miller Making Spider-Man Animated Movie
|Earth-96283||Released||Spider-Man | Spider-Man 2 | Spider-Man 3|
|Earth-120703||Released||The Amazing Spider-Man | The Amazing Spider-Man 2|
|Cancelled||The Sinister Six | The Amazing Spider-Man 3|
|Upcoming||Spider-Man: Far From Home | Spider-Man: Homecoming 3|
|Animated||Upcoming||Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse|