|Writer(s):||Lauren Schmidt Hissrich & Marco Ramirez|
|Original airdate:||August 18, 2017|
|Previous Episode:||"The Defenders Episode 1.07: Fish in the Jailhouse"|
"The Defenders" is the eighth and finale episode of season one of The Defenders.
As New York edges closer to disaster, Elektra sees what's beyond the wall, and the Defenders make a last-ditch effort to save the city.
- Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil
- Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones
- Mike Colter as Luke Cage
- Finn Jones as Danny Rand/Iron Fist
- Elden Henson as Foggy Nelson
- Jessica Henwick as Colleen Wing
- Simone Missick as Misty Knight
- Ramon Rodriguez as Bakuto
- Rachael Taylor as Trish Walker
- Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page
- Élodie Yung as Elektra
- Rosario Dawson as Claire Temple
- Wai Ching Ho as Madame Gao
- Yutaka Takeuchi as Murakami
- Ron Simons as Strieber
- Brandon Morris as Cop #1
- Zenzi Williams as Nun
Continuity and References to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Margaret Murdock is mentioned.
- At the ending credits we can see the teaser trailer for The Punisher.
- At the end of the episode we can see Danny taking the place of Matt as Daredevil, after he "dies".
- When Misty Knight wakes up in the hospital from her severed arm, Colleen mentions to her that Danny Rand has 'connections' to a state of the art place that can help Misty. Its a possibility that Colleen is talking about Stark Industries. In the comics, Misty gets a prosthetic arm made from Stark Industries.
- Spider-Man is mentioned in the Wu-Tang Clan song "Protect Ya Neck", which is featured in this episode.
- The end shows Matt recovering in a religious room with a nun watching over him. Upon regaining consciousness the nun says to tell Maggie. In the comics, Maggie Murdock left her family after her depression led her to attempt to kill her blind son. She joined a convent and eventually reunites with Matthew. Sister Maggie will officially debut during Daredevil Season 3.
- When Matt tells Elektra that "There is goodness in you. I know, I've felt it" is taken from Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi when Luke Skywalker tell those lines to his father, Darth Vader.
To be added
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.