Read on only if you don't mind reading spoilers for the film.
|Thor: Love and Thunder|
Jennifer Kaytin Robinson
|Expected Release:||May 6, 2022.|
Thor: Love and Thunder is an upcoming film in development, the sequel to Thor: Ragnarok and the twenty-ninth film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
To be added
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor Odinson
- Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie
- Natalie Portman as Jane Foster/Mighty Thor
- Taika Waititi as Korg
- Christian Bale as Gorr the God Butcher
- Jaimie Alexander as Lady Sif
- Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Star-Lord
- Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer
- Vin Diesel as Groot
- Bradley Cooper as Rocket
- Karen Gillan as Nebula
- Pom Klementieff as Mantis
- Sean Gunn as Kraglin Obfonteri
- Jeff Goldblum as Grandmaster
- Sam Neill as Odin Actor
- Luke Hemsworth as Thor Actor
- Matt Damon as Loki Actor
- Melissa McCarthy as Hela Actor
- Russell Crowe as Zeus
- Ben Falcone as a to-be-confirmed character
Continuity and References to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Thor Odinson appears.
- Valkyrie appears.
- Jane Foster appears and will become Mighty Thor.
- Korg appears.
- The Guardians of the Galaxy appear.
- Gorr the God Butcher is introduced.
- Sif appears.
By the release of Ragnarok, Waititi and Marvel had discussed a spin-off Marvel One-Shot short film following the characters Korg and Miek, but it was unfeasible due to Marvel's commitment to producing three feature films a year. Feige said Marvel still had plans for those characters, but did not specify. In January 2018, Hemsworth indicated his interest in continuing to play Thor, despite his contract with Marvel Studios scheduled to end after Avengers: Endgame, saying the next month "if there's another great script that comes along" he would consider playing the character again, and later added, "I’d play this character for as long as anyone would let me," crediting Waititi for revitalizing his interest in Thor. He and Waititi had discussed what they would want in a potential fourth Thor film by then. By April 2019, Thompson believed that a pitch had been made for a sequel to Ragnarok that involved Waititi returning. By July 2019, Waititi had signed a deal with Marvel to write and direct a fourth Thor film.
- This marks the first Thor movie to be directed by the same director as a previous one with Taika Waititi returning.
- The film was first announced on July 16, 2019 and the title was announced 4 days later on July 20, 2019 at the San Diego Comic Con.
- This film marks Natalie Portman's return to the Thor franchise after appearing in Thor: The Dark World but not returning in Thor: Ragnarok.
- Valkyrie, the new queen of New Asgard as of Avengers: Endgame, will be Marvel Comics' first LGBT superhero.
- Taika Waititi clarified that Jane Foster will be known as the Mighty Thor rather than Lady Thor or Female Thor.
- Kevin Feige revealed in interview that Taika Waititi convinced Natalie Portman to return as Jane Foster six months before it was announced at the 2019 San Diego Comic Con in July 2019.
- Thor is the first MCU character to have 4 solo films.
Promotion, Filming and Concept Art
- Marvel Has Big Plans for Korg and Miek from ‘Thor: Ragnarok’
- Chris Hemsworth Wants to Do More Thor Movies After Avengers 4
- Thor's Chris Hemsworth says he's done with the character unless they can make a good script
- Chris Hemsworth: I was exhausted and underwhelmed with Thor before 'Ragnarok' (exclusive)
- Chris Hemsworth visualized 'Thor 4' with director Taika Waititi on New Year's Eve
- Tessa Thompson on Valkyrie’s ‘Avengers: Endgame’ whereabouts and Captain Marvel shippers
- Taika Waititi to Direct 'Thor 4' (Exclusive)