FANDOM


  • Anyone who has seen Joss Whedon's four main series (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, and Dollhouse) will know that not only does Joss Whedon randomly kill off major characters, but he always kills off two major characters in the final installment, without exception. The first seems to be random, and the second is always the fan-favorite character.

    Spoilers for all Joss Whedon series - if you don't want to read it, use your hand or something to block all text to the right of the names until the bold "Spoilers end here" tag:

    If there is a way to hide spoilers for those who don't want to see it, let me know

    • Buffy - Anya and Spike
    • Angel - Lindsey and Wesley
    • Firefly - Wash and Book
    • Dollhouse - Paul and Topher

    I kinda noticed that some of them initially antagonize the protagonists but later fight on their side. Neither in the case of Firefly but both in the case of Buffy.

    Spoilers end here

    So, who do you think they are going to be for Avengers: Infinity War Part II?

    I can see the first being Black Widow or Hawkeye, but who will the second be? I initially thought Nick Fury, but now that I've looked into a bit, I see that Loki is dominating the "Favorite Avengers character" poll, at 40% so far with Fury being the only one to not receive votes...

    So, what do you think?

      Loading editor
    • Drax.

        Loading editor
    • I agree it was said Drax would have a big role.

        Loading editor
    • I also think that Part I will focus on Iron Man's Avengers after Civil War (Iron Man, Hulk, Hank Pym, Scott Lang, Dr. Strange, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Vision, and Rhody) and Part II will focus on Captain America's Avengers (Captain America, Thor, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Agent 13? and maybe someone else, like, say, Spider-Man.) Drax dies in part II along with Thor, because that would be all of Hemsworth's movies.

        Loading editor
    • A lot of speculation about killing off Drax so therefore I now think that the two major characters he'll kill in Part 2 (if he's not killing everyone aside from Thanos) are Drax and Loki. (Drax because it's been hinted at, and Loki because he's the fan-favorite character)

        Loading editor
    • Joss Whedon isn't directing Infinity War. So He's not killing off anyone good sir.

        Loading editor
    • The Russo brothers are confirmed to be directing the Infinity War film(s)

        Loading editor
    • Oh. So then neither the two major character thing nor the Thanos thing applies...

      Still, I know how these things work. Joss Whedon or no, Thanos is unstoppable unless they do what they did in the comics, and if they wanted to be that predictable they wouldn't have killed The Other without first revealing him as Chthon.

        Loading editor
    • lol done entertaining you mr. Ghost. 

        Loading editor
    • Maybe then he'd kill 2 major charactors in AoU?

        Loading editor
    • If there is going to be any death's in AoU, it will be either in Dream like sequences or a scene like Coulson's death in the first Avengers but is later resurrected in the film or gets there own tv show. My vote is for Dream Sequence.

        Loading editor
    • Agent Sev wrote:
      If there is going to be any death's in AoU, it will be either in Dream like sequences or a scene like Coulson's death in the first Avengers but is later resurrected in the film or gets there own tv show. My vote is for Dream Sequence.

      Feige outright said someone's going to finally die for good. 

        Loading editor
    • Themanyfacesofhankpym wrote:

      Agent Sev wrote:
      If there is going to be any death's in AoU, it will be either in Dream like sequences or a scene like Coulson's death in the first Avengers but is later resurrected in the film or gets there own tv show. My vote is for Dream Sequence.

      Feige outright said someone's going to finally die for good. 

      Alright then, if Feige said so then so be it.

        Loading editor
    • I think the Infinity War Part 2 will be the film that ends the MCU as in the stones could destroy life (reality stone) but for who to be killed i think Thor died in Thor 3 but comes back, Hawkeye dies in another movie and might come back as Ronin and the person who would die is...............MOST OF THEM!!!! And if my theory is correct it could be the final scene and Thanos has won but either the have the Reality Stone or a pissed off Scarlet With then Ka-BOOM! No more MCU

        Loading editor
    • BENNY HEF01 wrote: I think the Infinity War Part 2 will be the film that ends the MCU as in the stones could destroy life (reality stone) but for who to be killed i think Thor died in Thor 3 but comes back, Hawkeye dies in another movie and might come back as Ronin and the person who would die is...............MOST OF THEM!!!! And if my theory is correct it could be the final scene and Thanos has won but either the have the Reality Stone or a pissed off Scarlet With then Ka-BOOM! No more MCU

      Infinity War part 2 will not be the end. There are 2 reasons for this. Now that Spider-Man is part of the MCU, Marvel had to move the release of Inhumans to after Infinity war part 2. And Marvel already said they have plans to continue the MCU through the year 2028.

        Loading editor
    • Jesus, by then, the MCU will have gone 20 years!

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.