|Appeared in|| Avengers: Age of Ultron|
- "All a front. Explorers have searched for it. Called it "El Dorado". They looked for it in South America, but it was in Africa the whole time. I'm the only one whose seen it and made it out alive."
- ―Ulysses Klaue[src]
Ulysses Klaue was a black-market arms dealer, smuggler and gangster operating out of South Africa.
Ulysses Klaue was a weapons dealer who operated from a high and dry ship in South Africa. He also dealt with Vibranium stolen from Wakanda, as he had a mark on his neck labeling him as a thief. When Ultron was looking for Vibranium to build a new body for himself, as well as the mass extinction device he wanted to create, he sent Wanda and Pietro Maximoff to deal with Klaue. Despite the Twins' display of power, Klaue wasn't scared a bit, recognizing them to be von Strucker's "precious mutates" and refusing to speak to whoever wasn't the man in charge, arriving to the point of mocking Wanda's mind-manipulation abilities. Then, Ultron intervened, and claimed there was no "man in charge", just a machine: after a first moment of shock, due to the fact he was facing a giant robot and that he had been abruptly thrown from his office on the deck, Klaue decided to sell Ultron the Vibranium he had. Ultron paid what he owed him in a matter of seconds, stating "Keep your friends rich, and your enemies rich, and wait to find out which is which", a quote Klaue recognized to be one of Stark's favorites. Enraged for having been compared to his loathed "father", Ultron impulsively attacked Klaue, ripping his right arm off. In that moment, the Avengers arrived, and Klaue ordered his men to shoot down everyone, Ultron, the Twins and the Avengers, covering his escape.
To be added
To be added
- Tony Stark - Former acquaintance.
- Ultron - Ally turned enemy; destroyed.
- Pietro Maximoff - Ally turned enemy.
- Wanda Maximoff - Ally turned enemy.
- Wolfgang von Strucker - Acquaintance.
- T'Chaka - Enemy.
- Erik Killmonger - Ally turned enemy.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2 films)
Behind the scenes
To be added
- The necklace worn by Klaue is a reference to his name but may also be a reference to Black Panther, with whom he shares much comic book history.
- In the comics, Klaw was responsible for the death of Black Panther's father, T'Chaka. Later, Ulysses' transformed himself into a being of pure sound, only named Klaw.
- In the comics, Klaw seeks Vibranium from Wakanda, South Africa.