Read on only if you don't mind reading spoilers for the film.
|Venom: Let There Be Carnage|
|Expected Release:||September 24, 2021|
To be added
- Tom Hardy as Eddie Brock/Venom
- Woody Harrelson as Cletus Kasady/Carnage
- Michelle Williams as Anne Weying
- Naomie Harris as Frances Barrison/Shriek
- Reid Scott as Dan Lewis
- Stephen Graham as Peter Mulligan
- Larry Olubamiwo as a To-be-confirmed-character
Continuity and References to the Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters
- Eddie Brock/Venom appears.
- Cletus Kasady appears.
- Anne Weying appears.
- Dan Lewis appears.
- Frances Barrison/Shriek is introduced.
When Sony first revived plans for Venom in March 2016, the studio planned for the film to launch its own franchise. In July 2017, Panitch indicated that future Venom films could crossover with the Spider-Man films. Harrelson revealed in May 2018 that he was expected to have a larger role in a Venom sequel, describing this move as a roll of the dice since he was unable to read a script for the sequel before signing on to the first film. That July, Fleischer and Hardy both expressed interest in a crossover with Spider-Man, and indicated that Sony was interested in the idea as well; in August, the studio confirmed that it planned to crossover Spider-Man and Venom by saying they "are already in the same universe—so without giving too much away, we are looking forward to the two of them eventually facing off in the future". The same month, Hardy revealed he is signed on for two more Venom films. By November, box office analysts believed that Venom had been successful enough to guarantee that a sequel would be made. A month later, Pinkner confirmed that Venom 2 was "happening", but was not involved in writing the sequel.
- The second film in the Sony's Universe of Marvel Characters.
- Sony has chosen to replace Ruben Fleischer due to his commitments to Zombieland: Double Tap.
- Andy Serkis was announced as the new director of the sequel over Travis Knight, Rupert Sanders and Rupert Wyatt.
- Director Andy Serkis and star Woody Harrelson both had acting roles in War for the Planet of the Apes.
- Director Andy Serkis starred in several Marvel Cinematic Universal films as the villain Ulysses Klaue.