Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
"What If... Doctor Strange Lost His Heart Instead of His Hands?" is the fourth episode of What If...?.
A grief-stricken Doctor Strange uses the Eye of Agamotto in a dangerous effort to change the past.
- Jeffrey Wright as The Watcher
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Stephen Strange/Doctor Strange Supreme
- Rachel McAdams as Christine Palmer
- Benedict Wong as Wong
- Tilda Swinton as Ancient One
- Ike Amadi as O'Bengh
- Leslie Bibb as Christine Everhart
- Chuck Billy as Additional Voices
- Robin Atkin Downes as Additional Voices
- Fred Tatasciore as Additional Voices
Non-Speaking Cameos/Unconfirmed Voices
Continuity and References to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Champion of HYDRA appears.
- Jeffrey Wright was moved by the episode and believed its lessons were "really riveting and relevant" and its premise "timeless" since all people have had moments when they wish they could undo certain events.
- Writer A.C. Bradley was initially scared of the story due to its heavy themes of flaws and tragedy. But she ultimately found it "a very rewarding experience, we got to play around with why does loss hurt so much and because it all comes down to love. Only the things we love can hurt us."
- Leslie Bibb reprises her role as journalist Christine Everhart. She had previously portrayed the character in Iron Man (2008) and Iron Man 2 (2010), as well as the web series WHIH News Front (2015).
- Doctor Strange (2016) director Scott Derrickson was shown an early cut of the episode and called it "terrific".
- Shuma-Gorath makes its second appearance after the Captain Carter What If...? Episode.
- This is the first time The Watcher has interacted with other characters in the series.
- One of the magical creatures pulled from other universes by Strange resembles the mystical form of Raven from Titans. The raven even has the many sets of eyes like she does when she transforms into a demon.
- The dragon that Dr Strange absorbs resembles Smaug from the 1967 version of the Hobbit. Benedict Cumberbatch was the voice of Smaug in the 2013 version of The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug.
- HIDDEN MICKEY: The dark blobs create a silhouette of Mickey's head as Strange screams, "I'm Sorry!" whilst the universe collapses around him.