|Appeared in||Captain Marvel|
Yon-Rogg and Minn-Erva traveled to planet C-53 to obtain Mar-Vell's power source and win the Kree-Skrull War. They shot the Asis out of the sky and found where it crash landed. Yon-Rogg shot and killed Mar-Vell before she could destroy the light-speed engine. Carol Danvers shot the engine instead and absorbed the power source into her body. Yon-Rogg abducted Carol, calling her Vers, and gave her a blood transfusion of his own blood on Hala. She had no recollection of her previous life so Yon-Rogg trained her as a member of Starforce and tampered with her memories to use her as a weapon.
Yon-Rogg and Vers often sparred but Yon-Rogg always came out on top, blaming Vers' emotions for her failure. In 1995, he received a distress signal from Kree scout Soh-Larr on the border planet Torfa. Yon-Rogg gathered his team and headed to Torfa where they became overrun by Skrulls simming the local inhabitants. Yon-Rogg ordered them to fall back but the ambush was already successful and the Skrull leader Talos had abducted Vers.
Eventually Vers contacted Yon-Rogg and told him that she was on planet C-53. Yon-Rogg told Vers it would be almost a day before Starforce could reach C-53. Ronan contacted Starforce and blamed them for the attack on Torfa going awry. He wanted to know the location of Vers so the Accusers could deal with it but Yon-Rogg lied and told him Vers was lost.
When finally arriving on C-53, Yon-Rogg tracked down Carol but was met instead by Norex simming as Vers. He outsmarted the Skrull and shot him dead before following Carol to Mar-Vell's Laboratory and summoning Ronan to Earth. He boarded the laboratory and took everyone on board prisoner, planning on claiming the Tesseract for the Kree so that they could win the war. Carol broke free and fought, distracting Starforce whilst the Skrulls and her friends escaped. Yon-Rogg was able to stand his ground against Carol by using his Magnitron Gauntlets. He jumped into a space pod and tried to tail the Quadjet back to Earth but Carol stopped him and caused him to crash in the desert. He pretended to be proud of Carol and demanded they fight, no powers to prove that she had progressed and could finally beat him. Carol refused to play into his hands and blasted him in the chest with a photon blast, sending him rocketing across the desert. She then forced him into the space pod and set a course for Hala leaving him with a message for the Supreme Intelligence that Carol was coming for her.
To be added
Powers and Abilities
- Kree Physiology: Being a Kree, Yon-Rogg possessed the same superhuman attributes that were common among his race.
- Super Strength: Yon-Rogg was stronger than the average human. His hits could send fully grown humanoids several feet through the air.
- Invulnerability: Yon-Rogg was more resistant to harm than the average human. He withstood several photon blasts from Carol Danvers without injury.
- Super Agility: Yon-Rogg was more agile than the average human. He was able to spar with Carol Danvers and overpower her with his superior combat training.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: If Yon-Rogg did sustain an injury, he recovered from it faster than a normal human would.
- Master Combatant: Yon-Rogg trained in hand-to-hand combat with Starforce, although he often uses his natural powers to his advantage. When not using his strength and physical prowess in combat, he still had great skill in combat, being able to battle and defeat Vers and even stand his own for some time when she unleashed her full potential.
- Starforce Uniform: Yon-Rogg wore the Kree Starforce uniform when on missions.
- Magnitron Gauntlets: Yon-Rogg utilised a pair of gravity manipulating gauntlets in combat.
- Supreme Intelligence - Leader.
- Ronan - Ally.
- Carol "Vers" Danvers/Captain Marvel - Ally turned enemy.
- Mar-Vell - Enemy and victim.
- Skrulls - Enemies.
- Talos - Enemy.
- Nick Fury - Enemy.
- Maria Rambeau - Enemy.
Behind the scenes
- Keanu Reeves was in talk to portrays Yon-Rogg, but he ultimately turned down the role.
- Jude Law's role was kept a mystery, many assumed he would be Mar-Vell, the hero to hold the title of Captain Marvel but it was revealed that he would instead be portraying Yon-Rogg.
- Originally, a post-credits scene would have seen Yon-Rogg crashing on Sakaar but it was decided not to use it.